The Klöckner Pentaplast Group is a global leader in rigid and flexible packaging, printing and specialty solutions, serving the pharmaceutical, medical device, food, beverage and card markets, among others. Klöckner Pentaplast plays an integral role in the customer value chain by offering innovative films and packaging solutions. Through the acquisition of LINPAC, an international market leader in the production of primary fresh food packaging and food service solution, kp expands its capabilities. Founded in 1965, Klöckner Pentaplast has grown from its initial facility in Montabaur, Germany, to current operations in 18 countries across 32 locations and over 6,300 people committed to servicing customers worldwide. For more information, visit www.kpfilms.com.
To develop and implement the marketing strategy for the PMD division. Directs and oversees marketing policies, objectives, and initiatives. Oversees market research and develops marketing plans for specific products, services, or product lines. Reviews changes to the marketplace and industry and adjusts marketing plans accordingly.
- Develops strategical marketing plan including the creation of a comprehensive and efficient marketing campaign as well as targeting potential customers accurately and maximizing the impact on the market
- Carries out tactical marketing steps to achieve the given marketing strategy under the timing and budget perspective
- Monitors progress and performance
- Directs marketing forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control market program.
- Directs marketing development activity and coordinates market distribution by establishing market territories, quotas, and goals.
- Interact with the marketing, packaging development and R&D groups of major pharmaceutical companies around the world in order to provide the right kind of technical & commercial advice and solutions.
- Deliver fee for service projects from our Pharma customers using BlisterPro® Xcel and FTT ASAP® programs as a tool to develop new packaging films opportunities
- Development and discussion of strategic business concepts for formulating business plans across relevant business segments including the identification and the launch of customer development projects.
- Conduct research regarding market, competitive and current business situation. Analyze and document results in reports and develop suggestions for future steps.
- Analyzes market statistics to formulate policy.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Delivers marketing presentations to key customers in coordination with marketing staff.
- Meets with key customers, assisting marketing staff with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirement
- Prepares periodic market reports showing market volume, potential markets, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for department.
Directly supervises 3+ employees in the Marketing Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- University degree or equivalent with 8+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- An experienced leader with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the plastics/packaging industry
- Experience in packaging design, compliance and regulatory framework necessary to introduce new materials and concepts
- Strong project management skills
- Advance Microsoft Office required
- Willingness for regular international travel
- Pharma or Medical Device marketing a plus;
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external stakeholders;
- Leadership skills and ability to inspire our internal team;
- Proven experience launching successful product innovation from concept through launch;
- Strong ability to multi-task and operate in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work independently as well with cross-functional groups;
- Availability for up to 50% travel
Have we piqued your interest? Great. We look forward to receiving your application including your salary expectations and your earliest start date.
Klöckner Pentaplast is an equal opportunity employer, which makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, handicap, disability, sexual preference or marital status.