Under the direction of the Administrative Director, Admissions & Career Advising and the Dean of Students/Assistant Campus Director, Beatrice Campus, the Admissions Representative is responsible for providing prospective students with necessary information to make informed choices about careers and College programs of study, to guide students toward choosing Southeast Community College, to provide information and assistance as needed in other areas of Student Affairs and to present a positive public image of the College. The person must also have the facility for working with aggregate data to discern demographic and occupational trends and help develop effective recruitment strategies that consider these trends. Computer skills are essential; experience with college recruiting/admissions software and technology is preferred.
1. Pre-Admission Advising
Provide pre-admissions assistance, advising, and career/vocational advising to prospective students. Responds to individual and group inquiries from prospective students and schedules and leads campus tours ensuring that guests receive a positive and informative experience.
2. High School Visits:
The Admissions Representative schedules visits to high schools in the SCC service area as well as across Nebraska and neighboring states as requested. Works closely with high school counselors and instructors and visits career, vocational and other classes as necessary.
3. Ability to enter, analyze, interpret and discern admissions data and trends:
The admissions representative must be able to run and analyze aggregate data reports showing numbers of students contacted, types of contacts, fields of interest, barriers to admission, and then as part of the Recruitment and Admissions team, develop strategies to effectively communicate with and recruit those student prospects.
4. Schedule and conduct tours:
Schedules individual and group career counseling/information sessions. Encourages campus tours during high school visits, arranges and conducts college tours and/or supervises student ambassadors in the provision of tours.
5. Educational Planning Programs:
Will attend educational planning programs as scheduled in cooperation with the Administrative Director, Admissions and Career Services and other Admissions team members.
6. Speaking Engagements:
Will present information about Southeast Community College to civic groups, community agencies, high school classes and other appropriate events (e.g. fairs, etc.).
7. Recruitment Activities:
Coordinates, attends, and participates in on and off campus recruitment activities, for example, Discovery Days, Career Fairs, educational planning programs, Counselor Visit Days, etc. Coordinates with Program and Student Affairs staffs.
Required to travel to various locations across the state for school visits, conferences, and educational planning sessions.
9. Committee membership:
Attend Program and College meetings and serve on committees. Attend program/college staff meetings as directed and serve on assigned teams.
10. Promote/Support Diversity:
Promote and support the College’s diversity goals; promote/support Access, Fair Employment, EEO, Equity and Diversity programs.
11. Promote/Support the Organizational Environment through Goal 9 of the Strategic Plan:
Promote and support the College’s organizational environment goals. Maximize operational efficiency by enhancing policies and procedures, staffing, and communication processes and practices. Enhance positive communication processes and practices, and maximize a positive and engaging organizational environment by encouraging input, reflective and transparent communication, and compassion and respect toward the views and ideas of others.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Two (2) years’ verifiable work experience in college student services*, instructional services, or in a secondary or post-secondary educational setting in the fields of marketing or sales. (A Master’s degree may be substituted for one (1) year of the required two (2) years’ work experience.)
- College Student Services is defined as: Admission, Recruitment, Testing, Financial Aid, Counseling, Placement, Assessment, Career and/or Academic Advising, Retention or Registration.
1. Masters degree in educational administration, business administration or related field.
2. Recruiting experience at the post-secondary level.