All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO's garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We're a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists - just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That's where you come in!
Boxed, we spend each day defining and leading an industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Beyond our B2C & B2B relationships, Boxed provides innovative technology options for businesses to access our customers, many of whom are BoxedUP subscription members. Leveraging these strengths is where the Director of Marketplace, Seller Management comes in. The Director of Marketplace, Seller Management is responsible for onboarding sellers and managing their relationship while on the Boxed marketplace platform.
- S/He will design the seller onboarding and integration processes.
- Build an organization to support the launch and growth of the marketplace.
- Work with the merchandising team to identify the right partners for the platform and drive adoption across multiple categories.
- Work with Ops to select the most efficient fulfillment options for our sellers and the best customer experience for Boxed shoppers.
- Manage the seller relationship over their life-time on the platform.
This role is focused on strategic and executional readiness and performance management – developing plans with cross-functional working teams, focused on strategic capabilities, services and digital fulfillment execution across our marketplaces, from a supply chain and operations standpoint.
We are seeking an individual who are:
- Skilled at relationship management
- Entrepreneurial, nimble and scrappy – that's the Boxed DNA
- Culturally additive. Our colleagues and customers value the Boxed Values.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Proactively solving problems & seek ways to improve processes
- Effectively translating between commercial and operational audiences.
You need to have a consumer & retail approach, understanding the connection back to the supply chain, while developing plans/strategies for digital operations across the Boxed marketplace.
What You Will Do
- Prospect and build pipelines to establish partnerships that unlock transformative experiences for our partners in a manner consistent with Boxed's growth strategy
- Leverage your deep expertise and industry knowledge to originate and manage business development opportunities at the most senior levels of partner companies
- Articulate and evangelize the value of our marketplace platform, and its evolving capabilities, to prospective partners; contextualize its application, utility and functionality; and ultimately drive conversion and adoption by organizations and operators at scale, all with a consultative approach
- Manage complex deal negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation for a strong working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Deeply understand our potential marketplace partners' challenges and needs, while collaborating with Product, Programming and Engineering to inform our product roadmap in a way that drives continuous topline growth, deeper engagement and utilization, and continually improved experiences for our marketplace partners and customers
- Own the health and reputation of the Boxed marketplace; Provide continuous monitoring and maintenance of market health across all product types and FC locations
- Oversee the provider/onboarding process; design an acquisition playbook for both long-term and short-term user acquisition goals
- Create and implement engagement programs designed to maximize 3P provider utilization with a focus on maintaining a healthy contribution margin
- Have an unwavering focus on 3P provider NPS and satisfaction; Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify common problem areas and implement solutions to deliver high levels of positive sentiment towards the platform
- Build a strong relationship with the Product team to ideate on, promote and roll out tools for improving operational efficiencies
- Work closely with the Partner Operations team to build, prepare, and maintain an adequate, specialized provider base capable of meeting both internal and external standards of operation
- Confidently reassess priorities as demand fluctuates and comfortably operate in a fast-paced environment
- Provide immediate and consistent feedback to leadership team regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Demonstrate leadership qualities consistent with Boxed management values and mission
Who You Are
- 12+ years' experience inc. marketplace, product management, business development. strong knowledge of operations, ideally with a focus on innovation and growth at a market-leading product organization.
- Experience negotiating complex deals with savvy counterparties to create mutual value
- Dexterity interfacing with a complex array of stakeholders at partner companies, across functions including executives, product, technology, privacy, security, marketing and finance
- Track record of success in a platform-oriented organization, demonstrated through specific metrics and performance numbers – especially topline and bottom line growth
- Experienced using data to identify opportunities and improve team performance
- Self-starter who is focused on execution, exceeding expectations, and building authentic relationships in order to consistently overachieve, no matter your task
- You're mission-centric and motivated by performance metrics and KPIs
- Capable of a lockstep vision with your peers of Boxed's potential to disrupt this space
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, "America's Dream Boss" for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks - just some of the reasons we made Crain's list of best places to work in NYC. We'd love to meet you, so apply today!
Job Type: Full-time