Full Time Operations Specialist- Regional Executive Director
Candidate can reside anywhere on the West Coast!
We"re passionate about serving seniors, are you? Now"s your chance to build your leadership career with Brookdale.
Brookdale . Bringing new life to senior living.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Acts as Executive Director in senior living communities where this position is vacant, responsible for overall management of the community, staff, financials and wellbeing of residents
- Reports to our VP, Administration and works closely with our Regional and District teams to identify challenges and create solutions
- Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise resident care, marketing, food service, housekeeping and maintenance staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of qualified staff and in the development and maintenance of a positive and supportive team atmosphere. May interview and recommend hiring qualified associates.
- Provides assistance in the areas of marketing, outreach, resident admissions, resident assessments and discharge procedures.
- May assist with and/or conduct associate performance reviews.
- May assess the training needs for staff, and provide training as needed.
- May assist in the resolution of budget discrepancies and variances.
- Works to resolve issues identified by residents and/or their family members.
- Ensures residence building and grounds are clean, free of trash and litter, and maintained in good repair. May perform routine safety inspections and ensure OSHA regulations for a safe work environment are followed.
- May assist healthcare management team to organize, develop, and conduct service plan reviews; supervises the maintenance of resident charts; reviews documentation performed by resident care staff.
- BS degree preferred
- Three years of experience as an Executive Director in assisted living or memory care community
- Must have strong operations and financial aptitude
- Prefer strong leader with team oriented approach and ability to motivate and train staff
- Must have a valid driver license and access to a private vehicle for business use. Must be licensed according to state requirements.
- Position is 75% travel, must be able to travel significantly
Brookdale is the largest senior living solutions company in the country, with 1,100+ communities in 46 states serving 110,000 residents around the country. That translates to lots of career opportunities for you! We offer independent living, assisted living, Memory Care, skilled nursing, continuing care retirement, in-house therapy, hospice, home health, and personalized living.
If you"re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone though the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.