Townsquare Media Group
Townsquare Media Duluth has an extremely rare opportunity to join our on-air lineup at Iconic KOOL 101.1, as Morning Show Co-Host. If you have an outgoing personality and enjoy entertaining we want to talk with you!
Applicants must be social media savvy, regularly contribute content to the station's website and other digital platforms, and the successful candidate must be able to connect and engage with the station's target audience by keeping up with relevant trends and pop culture.
This person wants to be in Duluth, and is eager to build relationships and value in our community.
Your primary responsibility will be to serve as co-host of the KLDJ-FM Morning Show (or host when applicable). This will involve preparing and delivering a fun/dynamic show each weekday morning that super-serves the primary KLDJ audience. You'll also make public appearances at radio station events, live broadcasts and appearances. You may also be responsible to voice track a show on another TSM Duluth radio station and do other broadcast duties as assigned, including up to one hour of production time each weekday to produce commercials as assigned by the traffic department.
- Must have superior knowledge of current events and ability to create radio topics based on news & information
- Entertains and informs the listener audience both on the air, website blogs and social media outlets
- Create a minimum of 10 radio station website blogs per week
- Write assigned Facebook posts along with other social media outlets
- Conducts on-air interviews, attend and assist in all market cluster live events
- Monitors and identifies important news issues within the community
- Produce commercials on a daily basis
- Conducts Live Remotes and appearances and assist in special promotions and programming activities
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
- Public speaking skill and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 321 radio stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive ( http://townsquareinteractive.com/ )), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite ( http://www.townsquareignite.com/ )) and approximately 200 live events. Our brands include local media assets such as WYRK ( http://wyrk.com/ ), KLAQ ( http://klaq.com/ ), K2 ( http://k2radio.com/ ) and NJ101.5 ( http://nj1015.com/ ); iconic local and regional events such as WYRK's Taste of Country ( http://tasteofcountryfestival.com/ ) (update link!), the Boise Music Festival ( http://boisemusicfestival.com/ ), the Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival ( http://reddirtbbqfest.com/ )and Taste of Fort Collins ( https://tasteoffortcollins.com/ ); and leading tastemaker music and entertainment websites such as XXLmag.com ( http://www.xxlmag.com/ ), TasteofCountry.com ( http://tasteofcountry.com/ ) and Loudwire.com ( http://loudwire.com/ )
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.