What you’ll be doing...
Major Deal Pursuit Leadersdrive the sales process and outcomes on a dedicated basis for major managed services and outsourced deals, growing a profitable pipeline and closing major ICT deals with a valuation of $25M-$300M, through deal origination, sales negotiations and closure.Set the deal direction and manage the deliverance of the assigned pursuit roles, achieving order, revenue, deal margin and cost objectives
You are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development through world class deal creation and management. You will be responsible for engagement initiation and management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilization and management of deal teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk. Pursuit Leaders manage day-to-day interaction with executive clients and sponsors. You will be expected to participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with executive decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Build, monitor, and orchestrate pursuit pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long-term opportunities; manage the size, shape, and quality of pipeline; analyze overall win rates and win/loss ratios
- Translate business goals into actionable plans and strategies that reflect the requirements and opportunities within pursuit.
- Leadership – Model effective selling skills; motivate and supports pursuit teams in selling; demonstrate a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- Build strategic executive relationships externally with clients and internally and partners with internal and external resources to develop best- in-class solutions for customer.Educates and coaches the pursuit team on the pursuit and third party intermediary (where applicable) processes.
- Execution – Actively manage business plans to meet quotas and other financial metrics that will advance the business interests of company. Determine if an opportunity is profitable for the company.
- Business acumen – Exhibit a mature level of business, financial, and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations
- Assist in, actively develop and manage deal and account strategy plans to meet an annual overall $100M quota; develop plans that articulate the strategic requirements essential for focusing pursuit activities, forecast appropriately and communicate pursuit progress; actively manage and sign off on deal strategy plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Build, monitor, and orchestrate pursuit pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long-term opportunities; manage the size, shape, and quality of pipeline; analyze overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
- Deal management – Review deals to ensure they are sound from a financial, legal, business, delivery, and operations perspectiveDevelops and manages the project schedule and formulates the pursuit timeline and reviews/gates
- Manage the performance of individual contributors and the team overall, and grows and develops talent within the organization.
- Apply expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving complex business/technical issues within established policies
- Develop, plan and own thepursuit strategy; manage the internal processes in support of pursuit reps and selling activities; align tactical account plans with overall corporate strategy
- Act as a key advisor to upper management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization Be accountable for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy
- Use competitive intelligence to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer’s buying decisions.
- Build well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources and driving pursuit activities to achieve financial objectives
- Organizational Improvement – Continuously monitor, troubleshoot, and improve pursuit practices to ensure alignment with company’s business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance, and a highly-motivated team.
- Change management – Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a pursuit team through transitions beyond their control.
What we’re looking for...
10+ years industry experience in networked IT services / telecoms; having both domestic and international responsibilities and $20m+ annual revenue/cost responsibilities
Extensive outsourcing / out-tasking /off shoring expertise; as the lead executive for the end-user, or services supplier, or both, involving multi-country requirements
Personally led and closed minimum 1 complex network integration deal with TCV of $25m+, involving at least two or more of: people /asset transfer, contract novations, partner services, and multi-country requirements; and/or led, implemented and operationally managed similar transactions as the end-user
First degree qualified, and/or relevant chartered institute member, and /or industry recognised accreditations
Line / matrix management experience of significant (30+) multi-function teams
Experienced and credible in successfully working with, and presenting up to executive board level in major publicly traded organizations
Lead/second chair business case development and subsequent commercial contracting/negotiating expertise gained in the above environments
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.