Green Dot Corporation, along with its wholly owned subsidiary bank, Green Dot Bank, is a pro-consumer financial technology innovator with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Green Dot invented the prepaid debit card industry and is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services in the United States. Green Dot is also a leader in mobile technology and mobile banking with its award-winning GoBank mobile checking account. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, TPG, Green Dot is additionally the largest processor of tax refund disbursements in the U.S. Green Dot's products and services are available to consumers through a large-scale "branchless bank" distribution network of more than 100,000 U.S. locations, including retailers, neighborhood financial service center locations, and tax preparation offices, as well as online, in the leading app stores and through leading online tax preparation providers. Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., with additional facilities throughout the United States and in Shanghai, China.
System Engineer II
Green Dot’s Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Systems Engineering, the Sr. System Engineer or Systems Engineer II will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Windows Server infrastructure. As a senior member of the team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
The ideal candidate will also provide systems/application administration and support for a broad array of internally developed and 3 rd party products. Perform systems and application support that consists of production support, software/application configuration management, installing software upgrades and patches, and deploying middleware applications. The Sr. System Engineer or Systems Engineer II will work with all of the IT development and QA teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the infrastructure that supports the company's IT data integrations initiatives.
- Manage the production systems in a racked Windows/Intel environment, including the following: Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, MS Terminal Services, IIS, MS SQL Server, WSUS, MS MQ, IBM MQ, Virtualized Infrastructure (VMware), F5 Load Balancers
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance and management of the environment
- Maintain the uptime and availability of GreenDot Infrastructure and its affiliates
- Manage enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management,
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols. Meet or exceed SLA obligations consistently and on an ongoing basis, allow for accurate metrics to measure response time, meet BCP requirements for offsite access, and reduce the time needed to address hardware/software failures.
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support)
- Author internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents, DR documents
- Strict adherence to established policies and procedures as dictated by Information Security, Internal Audit, Technology Operations and Change management
- Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
- Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal corporate systems and data center (NOC) systems.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in managing Microsoft Infrastructure:
o IIS, Active Directory etc.
- Working knowledge of Citrix VDI or equivalent
- Working knowledge of F5 load balancers or Equivalent technology
- Working knowledge of web and application server architecture
- Demonstrate ability to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Must understand and champion the necessity of following established processes and procedures
- Must understand and champion the criticality of change control procedures
- Ability to work and communicate effectively to customers via a ticketing system, email and face to face communications
- Must be a motivated self starter that can take lead of projects, tasks and any challenges that come up
Additional Desired Requirements
- AWS experience
- MS Clustering
- MS SQL
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability , protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.
We are not considering any outside agency submittals at this time. Any agencies submittals will be considered the sole property of Green Dot Corporation. No fee of any kind will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to this career site or directly to any of our employees