Full Job Description
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Red Theater Chicago is seeking a candidate to join its newly formed leadership team. This person will be an integral part of the refocusing of the mission of a theater company with a proven record of artistic success. The ideal candidate will be excited to take on the task of expanding the list of artistic collaborators with Red Theater and have a desire to be a key leader among a small group of close collaborators. Red Theater will be making all efforts to connect with interested BIPOC applicants.
Responsible for assisting in the planning, development and implementation of all of Red Theater’s production strategies, scouting and evaluating designers, and production activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for Red Theater in the areas of production and design. Manages the efforts of the production staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for all company scheduling including but not limited to: auditions, rehearsals, performances, company meetings, and additional company events.
2. Finding and securing designers and stage managers for each production, as needed.
3. Coordinating and leading load-in and strike for all productions.
4. Serve as the primary touchstone between the production team, administrative staff, and the theater.
5. Attend rehearsals and performances as requested by senior management.
6. Attend community events related to production management. 7. Ensure effective management within the production function, with provision for succession.
Planning and budgeting
1. Manage all show budgets, ensuring that designers are staying on budget.
2. Collect and manage all receipts, ensuring that production team members are reimbursed properly at the end of production.
3. Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive director as they pertain to the overall image and brand of the Organization.
4. Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures necessary to smooth operation of the production function.
1. Attend staff and board meetings as needed.
2. Collaborate, coordinate and communicate across disciplines and departments.
3. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Production Manager reports to the Artistic Director and serves as a member of the administrative team. The Production Manager works with senior management, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective in organizational direction, production management, decision-making, and to ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter introducing themselves and describing their interest in joining the Red Theater team, a resume, and two personal references to firstname.lastname@example.org.