- GED/High School Diploma Preferred
- Ability to read, write, and understand materials related to activity provided.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability and willingness to develop skills needed to work with geriatric Residents.
- Ability to get along with people, that is, staff, family members, volunteers and Residents and to develop the tact and patience to work with people.
- Be an active listener.
- Ability to work with individuals having various types of physical and mental impairments.
- Ability to work under supervision and as part of a team as well as work independently as needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule; be dependable and flexible.
- Assist Activity Director in total Resident activity program.
- Assist Residents to, from, and during activity as needed.
- Assist in individual activities, such as letter writing, reading, etc.
- Assist group activities such as bingo, crafts, exercise, outings, etc.
- Drive van and assume responsibility for Residents on trips outside the facility.
- Maintain daily documentation of activities and assist with any pertinent information necessary for writing a progress note.
- Assist in the preparation of materials used in the activities such as arts and craft materials, sensory stimulation materials, and activity supplies and games, as well as creating bulletin boards.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $11.30 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location