WATER REPLENISHMENT DISTRICT
is seeking qualified candidates for the following career opportunity:
SALARY RANGE 19:
$86,359.43 - $126,507.61 ANNUALLY
OPEN UNTIL FILLED FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY, JANUARY 17, 2020
The Water Replenishment District is seeking a Financial Analyst to perform budgetary and financial functions in support of its
projects and programs related to the management of southern California’s groundwater resources. Working both
independently and with the team, under direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent performs complex analytical
work for financial planning and reporting, conducts financial studies and rate analysis, prepares and presents technical
reports, operating and capital budgets, recommends and assists with the implementation of policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to
- Perform a variety of professional-level research, financial and analytical duties in developing operating and capital
budgets; and revenue and expenditure projections.
- Assist in evaluating, developing and implementing financial policies and procedures; coordinate and document
changes in procedures.
- Identify and resolve complex budgetary and financial issues; perform timely, accurate and informative financial
analysis and forecasting; review and evaluate cost benefit proposals; and make recommendations to maximize cost
effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Monitor operating and capital budgets to ensure expenditures are appropriately accounted for and activity does not
exceed authorized spending limits; ensure expenditures comply with all financial guidelines as well as District’s
policies and procedures; notify project managers of potential issues in a timely manner, recommend remedies and
prepare appropriate documentation for budget adjustments.
- Monitor capital improvement projects, analyze and reconcile financial records of capital projects, and prepare and
present financial reports to project managers.
- Participate in and provide staff support to the Board of Directors and committee meetings; prepares and presents
staff reports and other correspondence at the meetings.
- Monitor month-end and year-end closing activities and assist in the preparation of interim and year-end audit.
- Maintain budget and financial systems and databases; problem solve and troubleshoot technical and functional issues
related to the District’s financial systems; plan and conduct training programs for computerized financial system.
- Provide backup for accounting staff and performs special projects as assigned.
- Attend Board and staff meetings as required.
- Knowledge of:
o Advanced practices and techniques of financial and statistical analysis, and report preparation and
o Advanced knowledge of public administration and business communications.
o Operating and capital budget development, financial modeling and forecasting techniques.
o Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
o Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards Board accounting
standards and requirements.
o Principles and practices of fund and governmental accounting, including financial statement preparation and
o Computerized financial systems and Microsoft Office applications
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY:
A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is
graduation a four-year college or university with a major in accounting, finance, business administration or a closely related
field; and at least eight years of progressively responsible accounting, budgeting and financial analysis experience; or an
equivalent combination of training and experience.
Current valid California Driver’s License and insurance.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
The first review of applications will be January 17, 2020. To be considered
for this opportunity submit a (1) Application for Employment (available at www.wrd.org), (2) cover letter highlighting your
applicable experience and (3) resume to Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org by the first review date.
WATER REPLENISHMENT DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
4040 Paramount Boulevard, Lakewood, California 90712
For questions about this recruitment please call (562) 921-5521| www.wrd.org