I am Qazi from Excelraise, LLC. Direct client is urgently seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer, Merrifield VA.
This position will work in the USPS Delivery & Retail Mobile Technology team to provide support with the gathering requirements, working changes through the Product Life Cycle and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), reviewing and defining processes and tracking system changes through completion for Retail systems, Delivery, Marketing, International, Operations, and other USPS stakeholders.
If you are interested and available for this opening please send me your updated resume at Qazi@excelraise.com and I will share the submission form accordingly.
Interview will conduct next week (most probably).
Sr. Systems Engineer (9340654)
$68/Hr. W2 (No Benefits)
C225 Merrifield VA United States 22082-0001
Prefer local candidates for face to face interviews.
Must have Bachelor's Degree
The IMDAS RIMS reporting system supports USPS nationwide delivery operations. The system supports 300k mobile devices, 80k web portal users, and handles over 200 million package delivery and GPS records daily.
- Responsible for overseeing the systems development life cycle (SDLC) process including business needs analysis, requirement gathering, information system architecture, design, integration, implementation, QA, deployment, and production maintenance.
- Create and maintain project plans and schedules, set milestones, assign resources, and identify/mitigate risks to ensure successful execution.
- Manage team leads, engineers and analysts, assigning tasks and priorities according to project plan. Review progress and lead discussions of outstanding issues to identify appropriate solution.
- Oversee activities of vendors providing hardware and software solutions related to the project.
- Coordinate major releases with local and remote deployment support teams, as well as briefing customer group representatives on new features and changes.
- Interface with customer groups to understand business needs and drive effective requirements gathering.
- Manage iterations of design, implementation, and deployment efforts. Keep customers engaged to ensure that the final work product meets customer expectations.
- Review proposed new features and connectivity to provide feedback on feasibility and potential impact
- Update documentation on server hosting environment configurations including hardware description diagrams, Server OS and middleware versions and permission and privilege settings
- Maintain server alignment with target configuration by inspecting servers for proper configuration, updating server configurations as needed and making sure all server configurations are in sync
- Monitor server health in all environments including patching reviews and status monitoring for Windows and Unix servers.
- Support code deployment by maintaining Subversion (SVN) control for code, merging different trunks of code to create release images and code release packages.
- Create code release packages, build automated code deployment scripts ensuring that all code deployment and roll back instructions are provided.
- Provide System integration support documenting interfaces detailing ICD of APIs and connectivity with other USPS systems.
- Provide systems incident support by facilitating efforts to troubleshoot issues using knowledge of server hosting environment, application and relevant technologies to triage incident symptoms and identify possible causes
- Perform load testing support by identifying load test scope and needed volume to properly stress test server APIs. Maintain load test scripts for Load Runner and JMeter. Identify additional automated load testing tools and methods.
- May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of experience in Information Technology field required, OR a Master’s degree and 9 years of experience.
- 8 years’ experience in project lead/management position to include creation of schedules and identify/mitigate risks.
- 5 years’ experience with documentation support to include developing/updating technical designs, guides and reports.
- 3 years’ experience working hardware centric programs or projects
- 3 years’ experience with Unix and Windows operating systems.
- 3 years of mobile application development experience
- 2 years’ experience implementing API connectivity.
- Familiarity with HTTP/HTTPS, Winsock
- Able to make use of built-in hardware such as keypads, barcode scanner, camera, Bluetooth radio, touchscreen, speakers, microphone, etc.
- Working familiarity with XML and JSON.
- Experienced providing oversight and support to other team leads, engineers and analysts, ensuring high quality of deliverables produced.
- Experienced coordinating project efforts with cross functional teams.
- Experience reporting status to customers and senior leadership.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate (both verbally and written).
- Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance (US Citizenship or Green Card status required). Must not have traveled outside of the United States for a combined total of 6 months or more in the last 5 years
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years.
- Position does not offer relocation assistance. Desired Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Prior Postal Experience
- Experience with IMDAS RIMS MDD
- Experience in Pearl, Python or Tcl/Tk Scripting languages
- Experience with Load Runner and JMeter
PO Box 3611 , Greenwood Village Colorado 80155