Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Provide technical tax review, valuation, planning, compliance, and audit support with regard to property tax and various special tax programs/projects as assigned.
- Ensure all fixed assets, inventory, expenses, supplies are accurate for each location for personal property
- Prepare personal property tax returns
- Process assessment notices and tax payments due on Gap Inc. owned property.
- Ensure compliance with tax reporting requirements and laws
- Routinely review real and personal property assessments for appropriate valuation
- Prepares formal appeal documents and routinely negotiates with taxing authorities regarding personal property valuations on an informal basis
- Resolve any outstanding issues with the jurisdictions with minimal supervision
- Participates in special projects as assigned
- Prepare property uploads into property tax software
- Administer and maintain property tax software
- Ensures identified business processes are structured to take advantage of system capabilities
- Responsible for preparing department budgets
- Serve as liaison with Fixed Asset Accounting and Inventory Control teams to retrieve required data to file property tax returns
- Obtain necessary information for outside consultants to file appeals on real property valuations
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with all SOX controls as outlined for the department and the company
- Educates business partners (including upper management) on tax issues and provides tax advice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to deal with state & local tax officials and internal business partners
- Strong reconciliation, analytical skills, decision-making and follow-up skills
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to prioritize duties
- Proficient in Excel and Access
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and work effectively under critical deadlines and work variable hours to meet deadlines
- Find alternative ways to achieve objectives when faced with obstacles
- Ability to act cooperatively within a team environment and work toward a common goal
- Excellent Interpersonal, presentation, negotiating and leadership skills
- Ability to take responsibility for and engages manager in managing career growth and skills development
- Inspires others to focus on value creation activities and plans. Tailors own style to communicate and work effectively with others. Builds employee enthusiasm to overcome personal and organizational blocks to achieve results
- Provide guidance/assistance to team members
- Prepare and assist in the development of desktop procedures
- Responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for improvement
- Accountable for delivering excellent service
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication with vendors, customers, business partners, and management
- Ensure Record retention compliance for all documents as outlined in the Corporate policy
- Problem solving skills to including Root Cause Analysis
- Ensures internal and external customers’ needs are identified and met consistently
- Analyzes data from multiple perspectives and present multiple courses of action, along with pros and cons of each approach, prior to making a recommendation.
- Develops strategies and framework for analyzing information. Creates buy-in with business partners by providing context to decisions and explaining the rationale and expected benefits.
- Drives continuous process improvement of business practices
- Conducts data mining activities to develop value added reporting and business recommendations
- BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years finance/accounting or similar technical experience
- Previous experience in Real Estate, Fixed Assets or State & Local Taxes
- OneSource software experience would be a plus
- CMI-Property Tax Certification a plus
focuses on obtaining results supported by improvements and changes; supported by personality of persistence and achievement; being energized by a challenge, the opportunity to exceed a goal, or create higher levels of performance by creating better ways of doing things
Collaboration & Influencing:
effectively working with your peers, partners, and others that are not in the line of command
holding yourself responsible to required actions
open to learning and change; reaches out for new information, ideas, experience, and self-awareness; constantly refreshing oneself on an intellectual, experiential, and personal level; desire to learn and grow
Merchandise discount for our brands:
50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.