All applicants are required to submit an application. You may visit our website at www.braysisland.org to complete an application. For more information contact the HR office (843) 846-3116. EOE
FUNCTION: Serves as housekeeper for Brays Island Plantation. Responsibilities include general cleaning and care of amenity and/or owner facilities. Ensures that all support and service is conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of Brays Island Plantation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans amenity buildings which may include Main House, offices and Fitness Center.
- Prepares rooms daily for check-in’s, and cleans rooms daily after check-out.
- Acts as launderer and night turndown when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capable of working extended hours, to include nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing, with corrective lenses if needed.
- Must be able to speak English in a clear and understandable voice so that various types of communications may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must be able to transport around plantation to amenities and owner homes. Must be able to drive a car, and possess a valid driver's license.
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Provides exceptional customer service to owners, guests and internal and external partners.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years general working experience.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Able to work and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /year
- housekeeping: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Food Service
- Office Building
Bedrooms to clean:
- Holidays required
- Weekends required