Element Analytics creates industrial analytics software that empowers organizations to achieve new levels of operational performance. The Element Platform makes industrial time-series data easy to use and helps engineers, data scientists, and technologists rapidly turn data into actionable reliability, productivity, and sustainability insights.
We're looking for a Forward Deployed Engineer to help industrial customers become successful. Our Forward Deployed Engineers solve some of the hardest problems for some of the largest companies in the world.
These problems usually start with a basic question. How do we reduce our operating expenses? How can we use predictive analytics to prevent failures? Forward Deployed Engineers work intimately with industrial companies and understand the pain points that these companies face in their industrial space and look for ways to solve them quickly, carefully, and pragmatically.
What You'll Do
- Own engagements from beginning to end with customers in IT, Operations, and Data Science to solve their business challenges.
- Be embedded at a customer site supporting the customer needs, while still remaining true to the Element culture (travel < 25%)
- Perform ETL operations with the Element Platform to turn operational data into an analytics-ready form.
- Provide recommendations for on-premise and cloud-based data historian architectures for OSIsoft PI System, the enterprise data historian for industries.
- Write custom scripts to build ETL pipelines to move large data sets.
- Manage multiple customer engagement projects to turn unstructured, disparate data into actionable, business-critical insights.
- Demonstrate product offerings and discuss cloud architectures to prospective customers.
- Provide hands-on coaching to customers as they start getting ready for advanced analytics.
- Prototype applications and build visualizations that help customers better understand their data and improve operations.
- Work with product management to guide previously prototyped solutions through the product development process.
What You'll Need
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a data intensive discipline preferred
- Experience with architecture of industrial historians such as OSIsoft PI System, Honeywell PHD, and/or AspenTech IP21 (2+ years)
- Experience with the industrial sector (2+ years in oil & gas, chemicals & petrochemicals, utilities, manufacturing, facilities, mining, etc) - ideally with a operations technology provider, system integrator, services company, or owner operator
- Previous experience (3+ years) in a customer facing role
- Prior experience in managing projects ideal (3+ years)
- Working familiarity with SQL
- Top Tier Candidates will also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Turning time-series data into asset models mapping equipment
- Building, deploying PI System Asset Framework
- Connecting multiple PI Systems, or other data historians, into a level 4 or cloud based historian
- Working with EAM systems such as SAP PM, and Maximo, or other asset and work management systems
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting languages such as Powershell
- Experience creating compelling data visualization in BI tools
- Experience with Azure or AWS
Element Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will verify identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States as required by law.