Full Job Description
Institutional Client Service Manager, QMA-QMA0009K
Serving investors since 1975, QMA targets superior risk-adjusted returns by combining research-driven quantitative investment processes built on economic and behavioral foundations with judgment from experienced market practitioners.
Ultimately, each portfolio is constructed to meet the individual financial needs of the client.
An independent boutique backed by the capabilities of one of the world’s largest asset managers, QMA is the quantitative equity and global multi-asset solutions business of PGIM, the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. Today, we manage over $100 billion in assets for a wide range of global clients.
QMA’s Global Client Relationship Team works closely with our institutional investors to support their needs and exceed their expectations.
We engage with our investors from the start of the onboarding process through their entire relationship with QMA, and strive to develop strong working relationships.
We value proactive and thoughtful engagement, as well as a deep understanding of our products and services.
As a Client Relationship Manager at QMA, you will join a world class institutional Client Service team and have an assigned book of clients.
In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing our Onboarding function, ensuring that new mandates are funded in a timely, seamless manner.
You will collaborate as part of a larger team, as well as many internal groups within both QMA, PGIM and Prudential to successfully administer new accounts and service your assigned book of business.
1. Maintain client coverage for a specified list of investors: develop long term relationships, strive to anticipate client’s needs and objectives, participate in client meetings (onsite and on the road), coordinate with the consultant team and respond to ad hoc requests.
2. Oversee the Onboarding function to ensure timely account implementation on new client accounts: develop understanding of onboarding procedures, work with existing team members and other areas of the firm to onboard clients in a timely manner
3. Develop deep understanding about the firm, its history, philosophy, products, people and processes; stay up to date on current research, new product launches and ongoing performance and relevant firm enhancements
4. Collaborate with the various QMA constituencies (including portfolio management, legal, compliance, operations, finance etc.,) on relevant client inquiries and deliverables, often researching issues and providing suggestions on resolution
5. Develop relationships across PGIM to help facilitate onboarding responsibilities and client coverage (with other client service teams, PGIM legal, etc.,)
6. Coordinate with the QMA marketing team on various deliverables, including quarterly presentations, DDQ completions and ad-hoc client requests
7. Back up and support QMA sales and senior client relationship managers with various client deliverables (when they are traveling or on holiday or need additional support)
8. Help maintain the Salesforce client system with up-to-date client information
9. Assist on various projects for the team
1. 5+ years of experience working in asset management (buy side) in a client facing role; institutional client experience a plus
2. Proven ability to correspond directly with investors via strong verbal communication and writing skills
3. Demonstrated interest in the global markets and asset management related products
4. Excellent problem solving and communication skills
5. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, follow through and sense of urgency
6. Desire to collaborate internally on various projects as well as externally with investors
7. Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
8. Demonstrated ability working in a cooperative, open-minded team environment
9. Strong quantitative and analytical skills including proficiency with Excel
10. Motivated self-starter with critical thinking skills
11. College degree required; MBA or CFA candidate a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States Asia Europe and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength stability expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services including life insurance annuities retirement-related services mutual funds asset management and real estate services. For more information please visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this open position unless contracted with Staffing. Agencies must work with Staffing as the primary point of contact and follow the Prudential application process to be considered for business. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Prudential via-email Internet or directly to hiring managers in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Prudential and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prudential.
Note: Any search agreement entered into with Prudential before January 2004 is null and void. Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Prudential and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Prudential has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list and even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by the Director Recruiting Programs Staffing at Prudential in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Job Function Account/Relationship management
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark (NJ)