NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Mark your calendar!
Building Service Attendant Virtual Interview Day
Friday, November 18, 2022
- If you’ve been waiting for a chance to learn more about working in our world-class organization, this is your opportunity. We’re looking for Building Service Attendants! We have part time opportunities available.
- You must apply online in order to be considered for the event.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of an approved level of cleanliness and sanitary conditions of the areas assigned within the Medical Center.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, collects trash, polishes floors using buffing/burnishing machines, performs high dusting, spot washes and doors as needed, removes marks, cleans and makes beds, spot wall washing. washes toilets, cleans furniture, empties trash receptacles, cleans Venetian blinds and shades , radiators, railings, stairways, lights, vents, doors, removes and hangs cubicle and shower curtain. Uses of ladder for door frames and cleans picture frames. Washes porters closets, equipment, and replenishes cleaning supplies. Uses telephone and pager for Bed Tracking.
- Consistently maintains adequate supplies throughout daily work day. Typically is in control of all tools and equipment needed to perform daily tasks. Performs a complete and thorough cleaning of area assigned (as per work assignment/schedule) in accordance with departmental procedures and Supervisors instructions. Empties trash receptacles and disposes of trash properly, washes (interior/exterior) if necessary, and replace clean poly-liners as required. Sweeps hard floor surfaces with sweeping tools, moves all necessary items to make floor lint/dirt-free; uses clean dust mops. Mops hard floor surfaces with the appropriate germicidal/bleach solution, clean water and mop head; move all necessary items to make floor lint/dirt free; changes mopping solution regularly.
- Vacuums all carpeted area thoroughly; removes spots from carpet using a carpet spotter, moves all items necessary to vacuum entire carpeted area. Polishes floors using burnishing machines. Uses proper burnishing solution and buffing pads. Moves all necessary items to burnish entire floor; ensure that floor has a shine after buffing with Burnisher. Removes as many marks from floor as possible. Sweeps floor after burnishing. Washes all beds from discharges and places clean linen on beds neatly. Sets up discharge rooms for admission according to specifications.
- Should be proficient in the operation of the computer Bed Tracking System and a pager for receiving discharges to be cleaned and reporting completed discharges. Knowledgeable in the Bed Tracking program. Performs 7-Cleaning Steps for each patient room daily and provides discharge cleaning as required. Specifically, performs dusting, spot wall washing, damp wiping of environmental surfaces using bleach and/or hospital approved disinfectant cleaner. Sweeps and mops floor, disinfects bathrooms and restocks supplies. Empties and re-lines trash containers. Removes finger marks from walls, doors and any other surface. Performs high dusting as scheduled/required. Uses germicidal cleaner for disinfecting all items in toilets. Knowledge in hospital safety, specifically RACE, PASS, chemical and trash safety, MSDS, HIPPA and all infection control protocols. Picks up and disinfects with appropriate solution area soiled by blood, body fluids including feces on any surface.
- Maintains established safety and infection control guidelines. Follows established departmental safety guidelines when using equipment and moving furniture; utilizes proper body mechanics. Requests assistance when lifting or moving items too large or too heavy. Wears gloves at all times and follows established infection control procedures. Washes hands frequently (Infection Control Guidelines), prevents cross contamination. Advises supervisor of any hazardous conditions in the area. Posts appropriate wet floor signs and takes other actions to prevent accidents caused by wet floor as designated by departmental policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify, you must be able to communicate and understand simple directions in English. Must be able to read MSDS & chemical labels.
One to two years experience cleaning in a Health Care environment preferred, but not required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
*** Due to high applicant volume, only selected qualified candidates will be contacted with a time and instructions for the Virtual Interview Day AFTER applying to the job posting. ***
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.