Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
- The Connected Services Software Integration Engineer - Senior is responsible for the design, development, release and continuous improvement of connected system components, sub-systems and features at automotive level quality and within predetermined timing milestones.
The Connected Services Software Integration Engineer will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement and implement appropriate initiatives
- Demonstrate leadership in not just finishing their tasks but removing technical impediments for the team members.
- Communicate technical project status to management and key stakeholders
- Ensure documented traceability from requirements through test cases
- Work closely with the Technical Manager and Product Owner to review the business requirements, and decipher the design details for the solution.
- Author and maintain design requirements
- Align stakeholder input on design direction to ensure solution robustness through process such as DFMEA
- Interface with Systems engineering to ensure software requirements are documented appropriately and analyzed prior to software design and implementation
- Collaborate with the System Architect and Quality Responsible Engineer on the project to assess ways to simplify testing procedures to ensure application is tested throughout development and before release.
- Create development timing plan and manage each activity to launch programs successfully
- Plan and coordinate software development activities with other global sites
- Plan and coordinate with component and sub-system suppliers to ensure software deliverables are completed per project schedule and meet software quality standards
- Lead joint integration activities to ensure end to end system functionality
- Manage issue triage, documentation, prioritization and resolution working closely with business and development teams
Effectively transition products that are delivered to Operations for enabling customer support.
Coordinate to release software & hardware to customer
Document and communicate lessons learned to global team
Drive continuous improvements through change management of Connected Vehicle applications and services
This position will not be coding
BSEE, BSCS, BSCE or Information Technology degree.5+ years of current continuous Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity work experience including: ·
- 1 year in automotive electrical development and design
- 1 year in telematics connectivity
- 1 year in software engineering / development
- Expertise with programming languages, programming techniques - Android, Java, C++, C, iOS based software architectures analysis, design and development
- Experience working with waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Experience with CAN/LIN communication protocols and tools
- Experience with CANoe, CANalyzer, Vehicle Spy
- Proven leadership experience.
- Ability to work across time zones with other software engineers
- Strong Communication skills - Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people clearly and effectively
- Excellent Presentation skills - Ability to confidently deliver an engaging message to a group of people which achieves the objectives
- Delivering Results - Strives to achieve excellence in all tasks and goals. Results driven with high levels of initiative and a strong work ethic focused on quality software development
- Problem Solving skills - Excellent problem-solving skills and able to think quickly and adeptly about how to effectively address issues when they arise, implement effective risk mitigation plans to avoid impacting overall
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Able to lead project teams, fostering team cooperation with business partners, vendor/consulting organizations and peer level professionals from other disciplines.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- automotive electrical development and design: 1 year
- telematics connectivity: 1 year
- Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity: 5 years
- waterfall and agile development methodologies: 3 years