As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TIers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Worldwide Protective Services has an opening for a Security Intern. In this position, the candidate will perform diverse technical duties associated with the protective services organization. This position will be working with TI Security to ensure the protection of TI employees and property. The individual should work with minimal supervision to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- ,Response to security related incidents
- ,Conduct internal Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Audits
- ,Manage alarm response activities
- ,Coordinate special events with business units
- ,Continuously assess opportunities for improving physical security
- ,Work with physical security to design functional electronic security for areas within our buildings
- ,Project Management –
- ,Schedule and manage contractors to complete projects
- ,Complete testing of newly installed equipment
- ,Manage invoicing and purchase orders for projects
- ,Learn electronic security equipment and design concepts
- ,Understands and interprets architecture of a global enterprise electronic security system
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, or reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to drive vehicles; operate a personal computer; read small print on documents and maps; detect subtle shades of color; hear and speak well enough to communicate over the telephone, radio, and in person. Possess stamina to perform administrative functions and meet physical and mental demands of position.
- ,Knowledge of MS Office and Reporting Tools.
- ,Strong communication and customer focus orientation.
- ,Ability to work with users on issues and questions and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- ,Detail oriented and well organized; able to prioritize, organize, and coordinate tasks and projects.
- ,Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- ,Strong collaborative skills; ability to work efficiently with other team members and contract security personnel.
- ,Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- ,Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- ,Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to the needs of business.
- ,Electronic Security components
- ,Familiar with security audits / assessments
- ,FEMA Incident Command
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Qualified candidates will be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
The person in this position must be able to physically handle walking buildings, climbing stairs and possible lifting 30 pounds.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment.
Primary Location US-TX-Dallas
Work Locations Dallas > North Campus - Generic 13510 N Central Expwy Dallas 75243
Job Posting Aug 21, 2019, 12:58:33 PM