Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Records Management - Imaging Operations Lead opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title: Records Management Specialist - Imaging Operations Lead
Close Date: 8/3/2020
Work Location / Potential Access Requirements: Work will primarily be performed at 825 Jadwin Ave, but may also be performed at other locations or any location cross the Hanford site include 2752/200E and 2261 Stevens Center.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
This position is responsible for providing general Records Management Specialist support to the Content and Records Management (CRM) organization and to the Imaging Operations Team leading one of three groups of imaging clerks performing high volume prepping, scanning and indexing of hardcopy documents creating electronic images and the processing and indexing of electronic documents acceptable for retention as federal electronic records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight of day-to-day work to ensure that customer expectations are met and that work is performed in accordance with regulatory and programmatic requirements.
- Provide leadership within the Imaging Operations team.
- Oversee auditing and training for team members.
- Assist with general records management tasks for the CRM organization.
- Perform routine and stretch assignments and demonstrate reliable, consistent, and quality results.
- Maintain equipment in good working order using established site processes.
- Scan, index, and verify multiple document types; assist with testing of scanning software and have good understanding of the processes for capturing electronic records.
- Oversee maintenance and auditing of controlled print files located across the Hanford site.
- Responsible for compliance with governmental requirements for records maintenance, storage, retrieval, and access of records as applicable.
- Write, review and maintain operating procedures/desk instructions relative to operations.
- Communicate with customers, other MSA and subcontractor personnel, and management on a regular basis.
- Maintain team error rates below customer expectations. If errors are above expectations, implement quality control improvement steps.
- Identify and implement business process improvements.
- Maintain compliance with governmental requirements for records maintenance, storage, retrieval, and access of records.
- Provide backup support to other Imaging Operations leads.
- Submit weekly activity reports and provide input to monthly reports on team activities. Include progress on special projects.
- Maintain metrics and performance information on team productivity.
- Participate in audits, assessments, and corrective actions when requested.
- Attend all required meetings and maintain required training.
- Participate and support MSA’s safety programs and maintain a safe workplace.
Lead must be available by cell phone for phone calls and email, and have cell phone number published in the Hanford phone directory.
MSA will reimburse mileage for use of a personal vehicle to conduct MSA business if government vehicles are not available to use.
- 8+ years of experience in records management, imaging, document control, configuration control, leadership or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 + years of experience with general records management principles and functions.
- 8+ years of experience with high volume imaging equipment, imaging file formats, and indexing of document information into enterprise-wide records management applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of customer service and administrative functions.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team to complete the full range of assigned tasks.
- Be a team player, focused, and able to multi-task and prioritize, as well as a self- starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-energy work environment.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with customers, co-workers and management.
- Must have a professional appearance and behavior, a positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Basic knowledge of SharePoint and proficiency showing 8+ years of experience in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Fujitsu scanner operation, Captiva and Open Text Content Server
- Lift up to 35 lbs., sit for up to 3 hours at one time, and keyboarding for 2 hours. Must be able to use both hands.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, squat and crouch to pick up and move objects, office equipment and records.
- Current driver’s license, excellent driving record, ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Previous work experience at Hanford.
- Experience with Hanford’s records management processes including Electronic Records Authorizations (ERA).
- Basic knowledge of Hanford records-related systems (SmartPlant Foundation [SPF], Document Control Management System [DMCS],
- Familiarity with Records Management, Configuration Control, and Document Control requirements.
Site Access and Work Hours
Hanford personnel at the Hanford Site work a standard 4/10 schedule. The standard work week consist of ten (10) hours of work between 6:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with one-half hour designated as an unpaid period for lunch, Monday through Thursday.
Work performed outside normal operating hours shall be coordinated and/or approved through the BTR and/or the Contract Specialist prior to performing the work.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
TOP NOTCH BENEFITS
A comprehensive benefits package is available and can be structured to best suit your needs. Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Records Management: 8 years (Required)