BrightStar Care of University Park (Home Healthcare Company) is excited to offer opportunities for Speech Therapist in the Dallas Metroplex. BrightStar Care was voted as the Employer of the Year in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Pay is by the visit. Various patients.
We hire you as a W-2 employee, not a contractor - A great benefit to you.
The applicant MUST be already certified with at least one year of experience. Students in a speech therapy program will not be considered if they are not already certified.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Examines, tests, diagnoses, and administers treatments for pediatric patients with speech and language disorders, and oral motor disorders.
- Performs SLPA tasks with particular attention to receptive and expressive language skills, speech fluency, vocal and oral motor competence, articulation, and auditory skills.
- Maintains communication with patient, parents and others concerned regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates therapeutic speech and language development programs and services.
- Provides speech articulation therapy and works with patients to develop language skills as appropriate
- Facilitates behavior management in patients and families as appropriate to the needs of the patient: teaches parenting skills as required.
- Maintains record of work performed.
- Maintains equipment and supplies used as part of the therapeutic process.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Meets the Educational Requirements and Qualifications as an Assistant in Speech-Language Pathology as set forth by the Texas State Board of Examiners
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a pediatric SLPA
- Strong skills in documentation for the practice
- Great patient care and interpersonal skills
- Loves his/her job of assisting patients
- Flexibale schedule
- Weekly pay
- Great team to work with
- Pay: Visit and/or hourly and based on experience