Office Assistant- Part-time
Job Code 199026
Part-time/20 hours/12 months
Clark University’s President’s Office seeks to fill the position of Office Assistant. Reporting to the Assistant to the President, the successful candidate will provide administrative and staff support to the President’s Office and serve as a goodwill ambassador for the office on and off campus. This position requires a high level of maturity, diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with managing department budgets, including account reconciliation and payment processing
- Handle all online purchasing of supplies and processing of purchase orders/invoices through SmartBuy Plus system
- Manage President’s calendar, communicate with internal and external audiences, and occasionally assist with travel arrangements
- Coordinate special events, such as receptions, dinners, lectures, holiday parties, and Commencement, and serve as liaison for honorary degree recipients and members of Commencement platform party
- Assist in supervising and assigning duties to student assistants
- Prepare, track, and file correspondence and memoranda
- Prepare mailings, spreadsheets, and documents using Microsoft Word and Excel, occasionally coordinating with other on-campus departments, especially University Advancement
- Greet visitors, answer inquiries by phone and email, and open and prioritize mail
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to three years of experience working in an office environment.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Prior experience using fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge) and web access, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week, 12-month position.
Review of applications will begin immediately. The hourly salary range is $16.00-$17.00 commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to Applicants must reference Job code 199026 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.