The Office of the Registrar at The University of Tampa has a position available for an Assistant Registrar for VA Benefits and Academic Records. This position will certify enrollment of students using VA educational benefits to the Department of Veterans Affairs and handle academic records processing. Reporting to the Senior Associate Registrar and VA Certifying Official, the Assistant Registrar will work closely with current and prospective students.
1. Perform functions of a VA certifying official. Maintain records of 450+ VA recipients and routinely certify their enrollment to the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA).
2. Calculate applicable tuition and fee amounts for each student using VA benefits and accurately certify to the VA for each term enrolled.
3. Calculate, process and certify yellow ribbon funds.
4. Run frequent reports for each term of enrollment. Report any enrollment increases/decreases, tuition and fee adjustments and withdrawals in a timely manner to the VA. Report academic dismissals, probation and graduation to the VA.
5. Monitor all program, degree, major or minor changes and make applicable changes in VA software.
6. Meet with current and prospective students regarding VA benefits, different benefit programs and payment issues.
8. Work closely with Bursar’s Office, Financial Aid and Admissions to streamline VA enrollment and VA payments processing.
9. Keep up to date with federal regulations pertaining to the administration of VA benefits. Participate in VA webinars and conferences.
10. Supervise student employees in the area of veteran services.
11. Maintain and update NCAA academic records for all university athletes. Process transcript orders from National Student Clearing House.
12. Upload transcripts electronically and ensure that they are sent to the appropriate recipients.
13. Assist customer service staff during registration and other peak times as needed.
14. Manage the diploma reprint process and other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree required.
2. Minimum three years of administrative experience.
3. Ability to accurately interpret federal laws and regulations pertaining to VA benefits.
4. Ability to accurately calculate dollar amounts for VA funding and tuition expenses.
5. Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Proficient with MS Office and database management.
7. Ability to multi-task and establish priorities to manage time wisely.
8. Strong attention to detail and ability to think creatively.
9. Military veteran or dependent preferred.
Please be sure to attach all required documents listed in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application.
1. Cover Letter
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer - Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
To receive full consideration for employment with The University of Tampa, please be sure to submit/upload required documents for this position at time of application submission. Required documents should be submitted in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application.
Background Check Requirements
Finalists may be required to submit to a criminal background check. Some positions may also require a motor vehicle report and/or a credit report.
This description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not to determine specific duties and responsibilities for any particular position. Essential functions and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific task assigned to the position.