WEST SIDE FEDERATION FOR SENIOR AND SUPPORTIVE HOUSING
The Douglass Center
New York, New York 10025
Job Description-Social Worker/Site Director
The Social Worker/Site Director will be responsible for the daily oversight and management of the Douglass Center. The Social Worker will provide a comprehensive range of social work services to Center members including mental health screenings, assistance with entitlements and assistance with medical issues, enabling Center members to maintain quality of life while living independently in the community. The Social Worker is responsible for the design, development and implementation of an activity program, in line with DFTA guidelines, that addresses the social, educational, recreational, and spiritual needs of the residents. The Social Worker will supervise the Administrative Assistant and the Driver/Maintenance worker. The Social Worker/Site Director will report to the Director of the Center at the Red Oak and the Director of Clinical and Social Services for WSFSSH.
Direct Services to Center Members
Develop a 1:1 relationship with Center Members.
Counsel members utilize center resources and activities to maintain independence and enhance quality of life. Toward this end, the Social Worker/Site Director will:
- Assist members in obtaining and maintaining appropriate medical and mental health treatment.
- Assist members in obtaining and maintaining entitlements.
- Assist members in establishing and/or maintaining family and social contacts.
- Encourage members to participate in center activities.
- Maintain case records, including case notes, service plans and discharge summaries and updates within the time frames required by WSFSSH and DFTA.
- Insure that membership records are completed appropriately and are up to date.
- Provide group work services
- Visit members in hospital or nursing homes as appropriate.
- Escort residents to appointments as necessary
- Assist residents with financial management as needed.
- Provide individual counseling as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention services as needed.
- Working with staff and members to gather information on member interests and need related to activities.
- Responsible for opening and closing the Center daily.
- Design and implement program of social, educational, recreational and spiritual activities
- Facilitate and/or lead group activities
- Provide individual services to members as needed.
- Facilitate trips and outings for members.
- Responsible for providing a monthly activity calendar and posting it in the facility.
- Outreach to members to acquaint them with all activities, and encourage their participation
- Maintain all required activity forms, such as sign-in sheets.
- Insure compliance with all relevant government regulations including DFTA.
- Maintain all public bulletin boards.
- Purchase of program supplies and completion of all necessary record keeping related to these expenditures.
- Work closely with all members and staff to monitor effectiveness of activity program.
- Maintain high level of respect and care for residents
- Insure compliance with all DFTA contract requirements
- Monitor program expenditures to insure program operates within approved budget.
- Staff supervision and training.
- Work cooperatively with other staff members
- Share information about resident progress, needs, and problems with other staff as appropriate per WSFSSH Confidentiality Policy.
- Attend training sessions and conferences as required for enhancement of job skills
- Implement emergency procedures as necessary
- Attend supervision meetings, team meetings and staff meetings.
- Participate in the development of staff trainings
- Other duties as assigned.
- MSW required. LMSW or LCSW preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience working with dependent persons. Experience working with homeless people or people challenged by mental illness preferred.
- Computer literate
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 /year
- social work: 1 year (Preferred)