Partners of the Americas is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that for more than 50 years has been bringing together people, organizations, and expertise to develop lasting solutions to our hemisphere’s toughest challenges. Partners’ International Office is located in Washington, DC and is currently looking for enthusiastic students to participate in our 2020 Internship program to assist our President’s Office to conduct strategic research and assist with internal projects. This is a Paid (stipend) Internship position which calls for an energetic and innovative thinker with excellent interpersonal, research, writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
The internship requires a minimum of two years college coursework from an accredited College/University program, in Business Administration, Management, International Business, International Relations/Affairs, Marketing, or related, with a minimum 3.0 GPA. The expected engagement for the Internship program is from 6-12 months, with 15-20 hours/week during school year; 30-40 hours/week during the summer. Also, the candidate must present the following skillset:
- Fluency in English required (native language); fluency in Spanish preferable.
- Excellent understanding of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Eager and quick to learn new systems and software.
- Editing, writing experience, and research experience strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail is required and must be demonstrated along with a proven ability to execute highly specific tasks.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams with strong leadership characteristics.
- Dynamic personality ready to contribute where needed with good judgment on discretion and confidentiality.
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to manage deadlines independently.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S., or qualified to work under a CPT/OPT program.
Scope of Work
- Work closely with the executive team on special projects for the CEO and other executive members.
- Research business opportunities
- Write reports on tasks completed
- Assist the executive team and management with day-to-day needs, event planning, and general office management.
- Provide administrative support and other duties as assigned.
- Able to work well with other interns and co-workers in one-on-one and group settings.
- Other duties as assigned. An important reminder: As an intern for the President’s office, you will have access to sensitive information and may be involved in discussions or have knowledge about issues not available to other staff. Maintaining confidentiality and using discretion when discussing Finance, HR and Executive issues, especially within the Partners Office, is of the utmost importance.
Job Type: Internship