Nathaniel Clinic, Central Harlem
Director, Practice Operations | Nathaniel Clinic | Behavioral Health Services
CASES is a New York City agency working at the forefront of the intersection between behavioral health and the criminal justice system. Our mission is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community. The Nathaniel Clinic is licensed by the NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) to provide outpatient mental health treatment to individuals aged 13 and older, including psychiatric assessment, medication management, psychotherapy, health monitoring, medication administration, and crisis intervention. We also offer integrated behavioral health and primary care services through a co-location with the Institute for Family Health. We are seeking a licensed mental health clinician to support our efforts to connect justice-involved adolescents & adults to clinic services, in addition to providing direct care services at the Nathaniel Clinic. This is an innovative and multi-faceted position well-suited for someone who has a confident, approachable, and patient interpersonal style; excellent networking, rapport-building, and listening skills; and an ability to self-manage their time to meet targets.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with CASES diversion programs (Alternative to Incarceration/ Alternative to Detention) and our criminal justice partners (e.g., probation, parole, correctional health services, public defender social workers and criminal justice agencies)
- Create systems to identify individuals who may be in need of clinic services, engage them around the benefits of clinic, and facilitate their clinic referral & engagement processes
- Maintain data to track and evaluate client recruitment efforts
- Provide OMH Clinic Treatment Program services, including initial assessment, psychotherapy (individual, group, family), crisis intervention, complex care management
- Approach all work using the principles of evidence-based treatment, recovery-oriented care, cultural competence, trauma-informed approaches, with attention to co-occurring disorders, co-morbid medical conditions, and high risk issues
- Complete all service documentation inside the electronic health record a timely manner consistent with all agency, city, state, and federal regulations
- Coordinate care with diversion program staff, clinic colleagues, involved family/collaterals, and criminal justice partners
- Ensure compliance with all applicable confidentiality standards, policies, and laws
- Any other duties as required by the supervisory and senior staff.
- New York State license LCSW/LMSW/LMHC
- Previous clinical experience with individuals who have mental illness and/or substance use disorders
- Commitment to serving individuals with criminal justice involvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Tolerance for ambiguity in developing a novel, hybrid role at the agency
- Persons with lived experience in the areas of mental health, substance use, and criminal justice are encouraged to apply
Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
In one document, attach your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.