Who You'll Work With
Responsible for helping support and drive key Learning & Development projects and programs aligned with Cisco Engineering’s top business priorities. This role will partner with L&D Consultants, HR Consultants, and Engineering leads to manage and track various aspects of L&D programs, including: design, development, facilitation, measurement, and communications. Programs being delivered may range from business-specific or domain-specific efforts building skills in narrow area of critical need, to broad-based efforts with Engineering leadership to help prioritize skill-building efforts for the entire function at scale.
What You'll Do
Overview of Responsibilities:
· Partner closely with L&D Consultants to track and communicate progress on a small number of intensive learning programs targeting key Engineering skill gaps
· Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities across multiple technical learning programs simultaneously
· Partner with Operations team members to effectively identify, measure, and report key business impact metrics with meaningful reports/dashboards
· Support the development of an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
· Support the facilitation of a Technical Learning Council across Engineering Leadership to serve as an advisory board for critical technical skills needs of the organization
· Manage the support and delivery of long-standing informal knowledge sharing and tech-talk programs
· Support learning metrics needs of Engineering business stakeholders by leveraging (and influencing) the capabilities of internal reporting tools
Who You Are
Skills & Experience:
· Ideally 1-3+ years of project management experience and skills to drive successful project delivery from design/concept through measurement/closeout
· Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects across various stakeholders
· Experience using a variety of project management tools to effectively document, track, and communicate project status
· Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, driving to specific intended outcomes
· Experience identifying, tracking, and communicating a variety of program metrics
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a global team using a variety of online collaboration tools (such as WebEx, WebEx Teams, Box, Smartsheets, etc.)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
· Experience working in a Learning & Development organization or broader HR Talent Development a plus
· Experience working directly with, or in support of, technical organizations such as Engineering or IT a plus
· San Jose or RTP Preferred
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.