SLAC is seeking talented, dynamic Sr. Recruiter to partner with hiring managers and HR Partners to execute staffing and HR strategies aimed at attracting, identifying, evaluating and closing the best talent from around the world in support of the Laboratory’s mission and aligned to the organization’s talent needs. The Sr. Recruiter will act as an internal consultant, guiding and educating partners on talent acquisition processes and best practices. This experienced full lifecycle recruiter will utilize expertise in a variety of sourcing channels for both scientific/technical and functional positions. Will conduct ongoing analysis to determine how recruitment process deliveries and protocols may be streamlined, new talent pipelines can be developed, and department resources can be effectively deployed.
Primary responsibilities for this position include the following:
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Establish innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to attract top talent by leveraging social media, branding strategies and resume mining. Analyze success against metrics.
- Recruit across the Laboratory including; Senior Management, Engineers, Physicists, Scientists, IT Professionals, Financial Professionals, Administrative, Bargaining Unit and other positions to support the Laboratory’s needs.
- Develop and participate in committees, programs and services to build diverse candidate pipelines.
- Create and execute plans to achieve ongoing improvement in results that will reduce time to fill, quality of hire, cost per hire and source effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and consultation to internal client managers on recruiting strategies and selection techniques, ensuring high-touch candidate experience with outstanding follow up.
- Ensure best practices and legal compliance is employed throughout the process.
- Strategize and network with others (internal and external to SLAC) for difficult to fill positions.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation is maintained concerning all phases of the recruitment process.
- Maintain proactive communication with hiring managers and other key stakeholders on the status of job requisitions.
- Present, negotiate, and close offers.
- Drive continuous improvement of relevant processes and procedures to maximize customer experience and administrative efficiency.
- Responsibilities will include some project work contributing to improvements to the Workforce Attraction and Staffing systems and processes.
Desired Competencies and Behaviors:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Communications, or related field or a combination of education and experience performing responsibilities similar to those listed above.
- At least 8 years recruiting experience for technical and management positions.
- Demonstrated analytical & project management skills.
- The ability to lead analysis and develop selection recommendations for search committees and hiring authorities.
- Experience with diversity/outreach practices pertaining to employment, employee recruitment and selection related to ADA, AA/EEO, Veterans, etc.
- Must have demonstrated and highly-developed interviewing skills and extensive experience successfully negotiating offers.
- The ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- The ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people and adapt to diverse audiences.
- The ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Demonstrated strong administrative, planning, and organization skills and ability to successfully navigate changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and contribute/work in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to apply current knowledge and experience of web-based recruiting systems as well as traditional sourcing and recruiting methods, networking referrals, etc.,
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent written and verbal communication and negotiating skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management and a variety of applicants.
- Proficiency with applicant tracking systems and Microsoft Office Suite; this includes Taleo Recruit or a similar applicant tracking system, Internet Job Boards, and networking sites, and MS Word, Excel, Outlook, or similar email/calendaring package.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend and contribute to the efficiencies and improvements of recruitment systems, preferably experience in Taleo Recruit and PeopleSoft HRIS.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to current Employment laws and compliance obligations.
Physical and Working Requirements*:
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-focused solutions
- Impeccable interpersonal skills, social savvy, and personal integrity
- Good business acumen
- Demonstrates leadership with or without formal authority
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time while meeting commitments
- Actively partners and collaborates toward best solution
- Connects details and subtleties with the bigger business picture and applies necessary strategies
- Able to effectively communicate with and adapt to diverse audiences
- Encourages diverse thinking, new ideas, and creative problem-solving and creates an environment in which unique and creative perspectives are nurtured.
- Orchestrates resources and employs knowledge of internal structures and processes to manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage risk and uncertainty in a complex environment.
- Experience using a competency model in the selection process.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequent movement as needed and the ability to meet with, communicate and speak with colleagues.
- Light lifting and the ability to move and organize as needed.
- Occasional work during evening hours and weekends.
- On call and ability to respond 24/7.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for environment, safety and security; communicates related concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned. Meets the applicable roles and responsibilities as described in the ESH Manual, Chapter 1—General Policy and Responsibilities: http://www-group.slac.stanford.edu/esh/eshmanual/pdfs/ESHch01.pdf
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. It welcomes nominations of and applications from women and members of minority groups, as well as from others who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research, teaching and clinical missions.