Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides assistance with patient care activities and other unit tasks under the general supervision of licensed professional staff and as directed by the manager.
1. Provides physical care to assigned patients and performs technical skills such as point of care (POC) testing.
2. Implements nursing orders promptly and adequately with an understanding of the purpose of each.
3. Follows policy and procedure for assigned patient care activities, including unit specific equipment and standards.
4. Provides patient comfort by positioning, extra bathing, straightening linens, putting personal articles within reach with courtesy and responsiveness.
5. Provides for patient safety through preventative measures (i.e. side rails, restraints, bed/chair exit alarm, and through patient education).
6. Enters all data into the computer system as applicable.
7. Communicates all patient and visitor information and observations to the appropriate person.
8. Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
9. Always reports and/or records any changes observed in the condition or behavior of patient; reports all unusual conditions or reactions to the nurse in charge.
10. Recognizes and responds to priorities in the patient care process. Responds to priorities promptly; exercise good judgement in setting priorities for activities.
11. Uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients, and significant others.
12. Maintains a safe and orderly work environment and a clean, well stocked work area. Assists with maintaining unit equipment.
13. Works as a Safety Companion/Patient Sitter by providing a safe environment to specific patients. Follows WCHN standards of service excellence.
14. Maintains competency for Basic Life Support certification.
15. Assists with patient-focused education using the Teach Back Method.
16. Enhances the patient experience through attention to patient and family needs.
17. Participates in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process.
18. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to take vital signs. Interpersonal skills, team player. Take responsibility for own work and actions, work in timely manner, respectful of patients and co-workers. Minimum of 1 year nursing school experience. Minimum Experience: zero to six months Desired:
Norwalk-34 Maple St
Day/Night 8 & 12
Nursing Float Per Diem Staff
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.