Atrilogy’s direct client is seeking a Lead Product Copywriter for an 8+ month contract in Irvine, CA.
The Lead Copywriter is an innovative, multi-tasking, digital copy/content specialist with a passion for content strategy and a talent for copywriting. You will create engaging and easy-to-understand messaging to complement the user experience across Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader. Whether immersive, persuasive, or task-driven, these experiences will exceed user expectations and business goals, with copy playing a central role. You will have a deep knowledge of web-optimized copywriting best practices and messaging trends as they span multiple devices.
Collaboration and flexibility are key; you’ll work closely with other UX team members, business owners, developers, SEO specialists, marketing and data analysts, researchers and project managers. Ideal candidates will have a keen eye for detail and a healthy sense of when copy/content should persuade, compel, entertain, or instruct. In addition, you’re an expert at working with team members to identify HOW to “tell a story” within digital experiences (sequence of content/modules, etc), not just what the copy should say.
Experience with audience-building SEO principles would go a long way toward your candidacy, as would experience with automotive brands, car dealerships and/or dealer groups.
- Writing in a compelling, yet easy-to-understand style. Saying a lot in a little space. Tailoring your tone and style to everything from button text to app copy to error messages to editing and rewriting short articles.
- Thinking tactically about the communication of the page/unit/project overall. Pushing smartly for superior outcomes, with business and monetization goals always in mind.
- Translating strategy, business requirements, research findings and usability best practices into high-quality, customer-centric and customer-validated products, within the Kelley Blue Book and Autotrader brands and other brands of our client.
- Structuring, adapting and personalizing content for how users will experience it on desktop, mobile, apps, tablet and understanding user behaviors on these different devices.
- Collaborating with User Research team to integrate research findings into our content/copy.
- Being the go-to resource for best practices in web content, usability and content strategy. Cascading that knowledge enthusiastically and positively to the team.
- Evaluating existing site copy/content and identifying optimization opportunities
- Maintaining documents with legal updates, copy decks, and site-wide copy samples.
- Using analytic reports and site metrics to optimize and improve our copy/content recommendations.
- Understanding of dynamic, data-driven experiences and associated technologies across multiple devices and operating systems
- Knowledge of audience-building SEO best practices, from content generation to clear and engaging SEO-optimized copy
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Advertising or related field
- 7+ years experience in digital-specific copywriting for consumer web, tablet and mobile applications and optimized sites
- A meticulous eye for spelling, capitalization, punctuation and style, in accordance with brand strategy and style guide
- Online automotive industry experience
- Ability to update content via a CMS like WordPress
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping and collaboration tools (like Mural and Figma)
- Experience working in agile development environment
- Knowledge of tagging and taxonomy
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Irvine, CA 92618: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Product Copywriting: 7 years (Preferred)
- SEO: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location