Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for the hands-on development of in vitro cell-based assays to characterize an array of proteins. This role is great for you if you like to rapidly design, build and test binding and functional assays to verify their activity and efficacy. In addition, creativity and organization will help you succeed in this role. The details of the role are as follows:
- Plan, develop and execute in vitro functional assays using cellular immunological techniques, including the highest proficiency in flow cytometry, ELISA, cytokine assays, ADCC assays, CDC assays, apoptosis assays and in vitro immune cell and co-culture assays.
- Use flow cytometry to sort specific cell types
- Tissue culture (include, but not limited to: human PBMCs, NK Cells, array of common target cell lines)
- Collaborate with scientists to quickly establish in vitro assays
- Be an excellent collaborator as part of a multidisciplinary team to identify, procure, design and execute in vitro experiments.
- Analyze and effectively communicate data to the team.
- Responsible for helping to define and reach in vitro milestones, and maintaining high scientific standards as well as teaching and mentoring.
- Required: Along with comparable education, 5+ yrs experience (academia or industry) regularly executing hands-on in vitro experiments in a pre-clinical setting; preferably in immunology, immuno-oncology, assay development
- Any of the following in addition to experience: B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Immunology, Molecular Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology or other related life science concentration
- Excellent communication, teamwork, teaching, mentoring and self-awareness
- Ability to perform flow cytometry, aseptic cell culture of immune/tumor/standard cell lines and immunoassays
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to the team
- Understanding and comprehension of techniques, nomenclature, equipment, etc. as they relate specifically to job performance function in the laboratory animal research environment
- Proficiency in the standard office suite (e.g. Google Docs, Keynote, Excel) as well as specialized statistics (e.g. Graphpad Prism) and analysis software (e.g. FlowJo, Cell Quest Pro)
Ab Studio Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
- The opportunity to work within and have a significant impact on a highly motivated team
- Competitive compensation package including a base salary, annual bonus potential, stock options, 401k, healthcare benefits and paid time-off
- This is a full-time position in Hayward, CA area
Ab Studio Inc. is a well-funded start-up Biotech located in San Francisco bay area, USA. Founder and leading scientists have extensive expertise in the field of therapeutic antibody discovery, engineering, humanization and optimization. As a start-up biotech, Ab Studio aims to support the whole therapeutic antibody R&D field with 1) novel technology platforms on making bispecific and internalization antibodies 2) high quality antibody design and engineering services and partnership. We deeply believe in the “quality by design” concept and wish our work can make significant contributions to the whole therapeutic antibody development field. Please visit our website: www.antibodystudio.com for more details.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- flow cytometry assays: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hayward, CA 94545 (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible