Lead/Principal Cyber Security Engineer - 00051506 - (00051506)
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
As a member of MITRE’s Cyber Solutions Technical Center, you will be part of a team that provides design, engineering and implementation expertise in support of cyber strategy development, program planning definition and execution to senior leaders in the government. MITRE works in partnership with our sponsors and customers to protect our nation’s critical infrastructure and national security systems and organizations against advanced cyber threats. In this role, you will have opportunity to work across MITRE's FFRDC's to promote effective cyber strategy and implementation in sectors ranging from defense to aviation to healthcare.
- Design Cyber Security strategies that address the vision, mission, and goals of senior leaders and organizations
- Analyze existing security strategies, roadmaps, and implementation plans
- Assess organizational progress against existing security strategies, plans, or directives
- Conduct analysis of alternatives in response to customer requirements
- Develop policy, programs, and guidelines for implementation
- BS and 8 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Knowledge of information assurance principles and their application
- Knowledge of enterprise and network security concepts and solutions
- Ability to work with others to solve challenging technical problems
- Ability to build relationships with government sponsors
- Excellent communication, writing and briefing skills
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level security clearance
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-McLean
Job: Cyber Security
This requisition requires a clearance of: Top Secret/SCI
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 6:40:05 PM