MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.PPEPHIRING.COM
Under general supervision of the Lead Teacher and the Special Education Department Director, assists students with learning disabilities in preparing for employment and/or further education after graduation, as well as in mastering the objectives of the Arizona Academic and Common Core Standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for securing special education records from other school districts and reviewing documents received for compliance.
- Prepares MET’s ( new students to the district and expired METs) and all other special education documentation within required time lines, accurately evaluating student’s strengths and weaknesses, and developing a plan for individual academic success.
- Organizes, schedules, and conducts all necessary special education meetings including notification of parents/guardians, students, teaching staff, and other appropriate people.
- Becomes familiar with each student’s personal context as it relates to success at PPEP TEC, and provides appropriate guidance, counseling and parental contact.
- Collaborates with staff and ensures accurate daily recording of special education data to meet the deadlines for district student census.
- Responsible for submitting and providing accurate special education records to Sped District office.
- Responsible for the implementation of IEP “Accommodations and Modification” at school sites in coordination with site administrators and teachers.
- Develops a broad understanding of career and educational opportunities beyond graduation, and uses that understanding to assist students in academic and career planning.
- Maintains and improves personal knowledge relevant to the objectives of the Arizona Academic and Common Core Standards, and, through mastery assessment rather than “grading,” helps students construct relevant understanding of the issues that the standards address, exploring availability of curriculum and ensuring academic tasks meet the needs of individual students.
- Develops and maintains the classroom environment as a model of the workplace (safe, quiet, and without distractions), and guides students in learning appropriate behavior that allows independent and productive effort toward career goals.
- Understands the rationale and implementation of FERPA and IDEA, and coordinates with Sped Administration on district protocol and procedures for implementation.
- Understands the rationale and implementation of required assessments: Arizona’s test instruments (AIMS Science and AZ MERIT) and District assessments ( Galileo.), and correctly administers and analyzes these assessments for appropriate student placement and diagnosis, and ensures that mastering curriculum objectives means the student will “meet the standard” on the AIMS tests and show improvement on Galileo test scores.
- Becomes familiar with general administration of the school site and is accountable on an absolute basis for maintaining procedures, keeping records, safe-guarding resources, and upholding school policy as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Current Arizona Special Education Teaching Certificate.
- Must possess a Class I FBI Fingerprint and Background Clearance Card.
- Special Education, LD, ED or Cross-Categorical Certification
- One (1) year prior work experience in teaching at-risk children.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) or (English/Sign Language)
- Must be able to see a computer monitor.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift twenty five (25) pounds).
MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.PPEPHIRING.COM
PPEP INC. IS AN EEO EMPLOYER - MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,974.57 /year
- teaching at risk children: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class I FBI Fingerprint and Background Clearance (Required)
- Arizona Special Education Teaching (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- American Sign Language (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction