The Project Manager is a full-time position that is based both in the office and on event site. The primary goals of the PM are to support the production of assigned events to the company standards and client satisfaction.
The Project Manager will be assigned projects by the Director of Production and will often work alongside an Account Manager. Generally, the projects assigned will be larger in scope across multiple venues at Piers 27, 29 & 35. PM’s will also take on smaller projects as assigned when larger jobs are not in process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The PM will work with AM and TD to help a client to fulfill their needs to transform an event space with lighting, audio, video, power distribution or a combination thereof. The Account Manager will be the client contact and negotiate the terms of the event contract and scope of work. The exception for this is when a PM is given a direct assignment to work with a client direct (usually Metro Events) then the PM may assume some Account Management duties as well.
- All Pre-production paperwork required for on-site success including;
- Updated R2 Orders
- Plan View Drawings – Vectorworks
- Attendance at Site Surveys with Impact AM’s and Metro Events.
- Review of equipment in R2 for accuracy to complete design description and eliminate additional equipment truck runs to site.
- Review of labor in R2 and to consult with Account Manager that labor amounts are sufficient to do the job within the time frame allowed for the project
- The PM is the primary liason between AM and the Impact Shop. Tracking client changes and ensuring these are communicated via R2 and verbally for Shop Prep and timely delivery onsite. The PM works with shop to assist in final order prep and pull.
On Site Duties:
- Direct Crew on site for installation within estimated schedule.
- Contact the Account Manager should it look like labor estimates will not be met or if client asks for additional services outside of the original scope of work.
- Represent Impact as the on-site company contact should the AM or DP be off site.
- Champion and Ensure crew safety at all times while on-site
- Development of training programs for staff and over hire
- Identification of possible staff talent within over hire personnel
- The Project Manager researches trends and developments of primary industry(s) through the use of related publications, internet and training sessions to maintain and grow current knowledge base.
- Supports all disciplines within the company and works well with other department managers and crews on site towards event success for all departments.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong Lighting, Audio or Video acumen with Corporate Events
- 5+ years industry experience
- Strong R2 and Vectorworks Skills
- Strong Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Analytical and Decision Making Skills
- Creative and Organized
- Diplomacy, Confident
- Ability to handle pressure
- Computer Literacy, including understanding of Vectorworks and R2
- Full time, Salaried Rate. Potential for end of year bonus
- Health & Dental insurance, 401k
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 1 year