- Warmly greet guests on arrival, addressing them by name whenever possible.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes; answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services, making recommendations where applicable.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system.
- Call out name and number of party when order becomes available.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and to guests in a timely manner.
- Monitor guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, responding promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Maintain clean service areas, e.g., clearing, cleaning tables, floors, etc.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possess organizational skills
- Must have a positive attitude as well as service oriented
- Ability to follow the directives of Director/Supervisor
- Must have the willingness and desire to learn
- Must work safe and professional at all times
- Ability to keep the department OSHA/Health Compliant
- Ability to contribute hands on
- Follow all company policies and procedures, e.g., safety
- Ability to work as a team member
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to accept constructive criticism when necessary
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Integrity and good work habits required
- Must take the initiative to excel
- Must have a professional appearance
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent,
- 6 months of experience in restaurant/hosting a plus
- Must have Food Handler Certificate
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)