Join the Southwest Central (SWC) Region’s Data and Analytics team which is responsible for designing, building and implementing world-class BI, big data, predictive, and data-visualization solutions and products for a variety of companies across many industries. Our clients rely on us to produce craftsman-quality solutions and strategies that meet their needs today, tomorrow and in the future. We are growing our team to provide for the emerging needs of our expanding client family.
We imagine, design and develop custom software solutions for companies across many industries including financial services, insurance, healthcare and public sector. We love individuals who can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a wealth of practical experience to each engagement.
What you’ll do at Insight’s Digital Innovation Division:
- We are looking for an experienced data architect with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of foundational data architectures such as data warehouses, ETLs and in-memory OLAP models, as well as experience in NoSQL and cloud implementations.
- In this role, you will work directly with client stakeholders and an award-winning team of engineers, architects and thought leaders to discover, design, build and implement an exciting variety of mission critical, line of business applications as well as cutting-edge cloud, big data and predictive analytics solutions.
- Drive the discovery, design and execution of a wide variety of data solutions for external clients
- Design and lead delivery of solutions to tough data challenges and provide feedback on others’ work
- Provide hands-on guidance and oversight on all aspects of solution delivery: sales, estimation, design, management, implementation, delivery and more
- Work directly with client stakeholders to develop technical solutions for business cases.
- Work closely with client technical and business stakeholders to shape the success of projects
- Aggressively grow your skillset and translate your new capabilities into high-quality execution
What you’ll need to join Insights Digital Innovation Division, BLUEMETAL:
- 10+ years of professional data and analytics solution design and development experience with expertise is several of the following areas:
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDInsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Spark, Oozie, or any of the other tools with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Predictive analytics: R, Azure Machine Learning
- NoSQL topologies using tools like Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing, ETL/ELT and in-memory/cube use cases and patterns
- SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- SSRS, Power BI, Tableau
- SSAS and DAX
- Reporting Services
- Demonstrable experience in several of the following:
- Azure Data Factory
- PowerShell scripting
- Azure Automation
- Azure Data Lake and Azure Data Lake Analytics
- Knowledgeable of cloud and hybrid-cloud implementations including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, flexible architectures
- Proven ability to drive complex design and development efforts in an agile environment
- Skill at crystalizing requirements into clear priorities, estimates, tasks and deliverables
- Drive to make others great though collaboration, example and mentoring
- Passion to deliver craftsman-quality work both individually and as part of a team
- Exemplary communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Desire to rapidly grow competencies use new skills to design and implement solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Can be based in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dallas, or St Louis area. Travel up to 25% may be required.
Insights Digital Innovation Division is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position (or opportunity) described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, read below link:
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the CRN Solution Provider 500
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona; now celebrating our 30th anniversary and operating in 20 countries
- $6.7 billion in revenue for 2017
- 8,000+ teammates worldwide working with 5,300+ partners
- 2017 Arizona’s Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), #7 2017 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 IBM Geography Excellence Award as the Top National Strategic Business Partner in North America, Microsoft’s largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Enterprise Architect: 1 year (Preferred)