The primary responsibilities of the Logistics/Dispatcher position are to organize the daily dispatch of equipment/heavy haul vehicles for the company’s different job locations, working in compliance with all legal and safety requirements regarding the safe transport of equipment. Make decisions under pressure and change direction in a moment’s notice.
- Responsible for scheduling drivers and organizing the daily dispatch of all equipment.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems, such as construction areas, weather conditions, or other hazards.
- Perform record keeping as needed.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate schedules.
- Record hours used, mileage and fuel levels for billing purposes.
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
- Work with the crew in order to get flatbed trailer and equipment to and from a jobsite.
- Be able to permit over dimension loads.
- Must understand lowboy and flatbed trailer configurations. Multi axle pieces of equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Class A CDL preferred (not required)
- Prior experience in a dispatch role.
- Must have knowledge of construction equipment and transport of that equipment.
- Highly organized and able to handle high amounts of stress.
- A background in construction and industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of DOT/Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations
- Proficient in Excel preferred
- Bilingual: Spanish & English preferred (not required)
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: