Timberland Bank is seeking a Part-time Customer Service Representative to work at our Ocean Shores Branch located in Ocean Shores, WA. If you enjoy working with a great team and love to interact with customers, then this is the job for YOU! In this job role as a Part-time Customer Service Representative, you will receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
Job Category: Non-Exempt / Part-Time (25 hours per week)
Essential Job Functions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
- Process withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
- Count and roll loose coins.
- Issue personal money orders, cashier’s checks and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
- Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
- Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
- Close accounts when requested.
- Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy.
- Balance drawer daily.
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Technical Capacity.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Communication Proficiency
Timberland Bank is a family-friendly employer. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid Birthday Day Off
- Two pay periods per month
- Paid sick leave
- 401k and employee stock ownership plans
- Paid training and advancement opportunities
- Numerous employee only banking benefits
**Timberland Bank is a subsidiary of Timberland Bancorp , a publicly held company listed on the NASDAQ (ticker symbol - TSBK) since 1998. We are proud to be distinguished as a Top 100 Northwest Company by the Seattle Times, Puget Sound Business Journal and Washington CEO magazine. Timberland has 24 community locations in six counties within the Western Washington surrounding areas with headquarters located in Hoquiam, WA.**
AAP/EEO Statement: Timberland Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Part-time
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Banking: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Ocean Shores, WA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off