This position is scheudled as 10 am to 7:30 pm ( 4 days per week ) Must have ACLS, PALS, BLS. PACU experience required.
Clinically accountable for coordinating needs of an assigned group of patients, including assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence-based practice. Coordinates patient care on the unit/department. Communicates and collaborates extensively with other caregivers, physicians, case management, patient and/or patient's families or significant others. Maintains and demonstrates high standards of professional ethics.
Educational Requirements, Qualifications:
- Coordinates care on the unit/department working toward specific outcomes for each assigned patient.
- Prioritizes and coordinates needs of the overall unit/department as well as those of individual patients.
- Interacts with physicians and case management to coordinate care and effectively problem solves to establish appropriate plan of care promoting appropriate outcomes.
- Assigns, directs and evaluates all delegated care given by other members of the nursing team in accordance with the plan of care.
- Performs an assessment of the patient, leading to development, implementation and evaluation of a plan of care.
- Administers, monitors and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
- Effectively manages rapidly changing situations.
- Participates in clinical decision-making.
- Educates patient and family/responsible party regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, safety issues, etc.
- Delegates and monitors care rendered by other members of nursing department and healthcare team.
- Demonstrates standard precautions and patient safety principles in practice.
- Participates in orientation, education and development of healthcare team.
- Identifies and participates in the performance improvement activities.
- Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have valid NJ RN License. BSN preferred. A minimum of 2 years current and appropriate acute care nursing experience preferred. Certification in appropriate specialty preferred. Refer to the Educational/Regulatory Requirement (Department Specific) policy in the Nursing Administrative Manual. Demonstrates knowledge of nursing skills, hospital practices, procedures and standards. Perfects skills and stays abreast of current nursing practice through on-going education, journals, etc. Must have strong communication skills. Must be able to coordinate efforts of a team of care providers.