Please note that all applications for this job posting will be considered on a rolling basis
Putting you on a pathway to teaching!
Join us. Once again we are breaking the mold. We have created a new way to onramp into teaching specifically designed with you in mind - if you have completed an Associates Degree. You will join our Teaching Coordinator program for a minimum of two years and we will support your continued education! You could grow professionally after completing your associate’s degree and then after two years with SA, we will actively support you to pursue your full time education to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Success Academy is seeking candidates from all majors and backgrounds who are looking for a career where they can make a big social impact while gaining valuable skills and opportunities for professional growth. A degree in education is not required to teach at SA: You receive training, development, mentorship, and coaching from the moment you start so you can quickly grow your skills while working closely with a team of smart, committed colleagues. Equipped with cutting-edge technology, abundant supplies, and an innovative curriculum — you’ll be empowered to drive tremendous growth in your students in a workplace that is collaborative and fun!
In this role, you will:
- Share your passion for science, math, literature, and/or history with your students while continuously deepening your knowledge of the subject/s you are supporting.
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships with students and families that engage and invest them in learning at school and at home.
- Bring to life an inclusive, inquiry-based curriculum that inspires the students’ curiosity, reinforces their joy of learning, and empowers them intellectually and emotionally.
- Coordinate the analysis of student work and assessment data to inform how you teach each day in service of the students’ growth and achievement.
- View challenges as an opportunity for creative problem-solving and a springboard for growth.
We invite you to apply if you:
- Will have received your associate’s degree by your first date of employment with Success Academy.
- Have an outstanding academic record.
- Set ambitious goals for yourself and others, and are not afraid of the hard work it takes to achieve them.
- Have confidence and presence — you enjoy taking the lead and inspiring others with your passion and commitment.
- Enjoy collaborating with others (i.e., playing on an athletics team, or in a band or orchestra).
- Have leadership experience (i.e., leadership position in a club or on a team; experience overseeing/managing people, organizing activities, or working with a group of children or teenagers).
- Have an eye for detail, and experience juggling multiple responsibilities and planning around competing priorities.
Success Academy is a high-achieving, leading-edge network of 47 public charter schools serving 21,000 students in grades K-12 throughout New York City. We set out to tackle this country’s public education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, our acclaimed network of 47 public schools outperforms every district in New York State and is a national model for academic excellence, opportunity, and equity.
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York, our network of 47 K-12 schools outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at https://jobs.successacademies.org/working-here/.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Please initial to acknowledge this is an in person role located in New York City.
- Would you like to disclose your veteran status? Please answer “Yes,” “No,” or “Prefer not to Answer.
- Would you like to disclose a voluntary self-identification of disability? Please answer “Yes,” “No,” or “Prefer not to Answer.
- When did/will you earn your Bachelor's Degree?
Work Location: In person