Sales Representative Job Responsibilities: Serve our customers by listening and quickly identifying their needs and matching those needs to products we sell. An ideal Sales Representative will care deeply about the customer experience and will bend over backwards to ensure that our customer's value stream is bolstered by doing business with us. Maintain customer relationships as well as develop new business. Applicant should be able to express good sales based knowledge.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential accounts.
- Learn our industry and be observant of what our customers need and want. Turn that knowledge into sales.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Be friendly and polite. Be teachable and play well with others.
- Identifies revenue opportunities within customers' communities through communications, programs and other activities as needed.
- Prospects, qualifies and generates sales within the company’s established trading partners.
- Ensures suspect identification, planning, account qualification and needs analysis at all prospect levels.
- Telephones prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline.
- Identifies and closes additional purchases of products and services by customers' communities.
- Works closely with Support, Management, Account Management and Business Development.
- Responds to requests from customers for information and gives online presentations.
- Engages in technical discussions with potential clients through demonstrations and presentations.
- Remains knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments in the B2B infrastructure and e-commerce industries.
- Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
Supervisory Responsibility -This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment -This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands -The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work -This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8 to 5.
Travel -This position may require occasional travel.
Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: