Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The facility, which is Michigan-based, is a vertically integrated manufacturer with a growing portfolio of company-designed products. It designs and manufactures custom ball screws from a variety of materials and also designs, manufactures, assembles and tests electromechanical actuators.
Responsibilities associated with this position are typically performed in an industrial or manufacturing setting and requires appropriate personal protective wear and consistent observance of established safety policies at all times. Heroux-Devtek, division Beaver Aerospace & Defense maintains compliance with FAA and DOT regulations by ensuring a drug-free workplace.
Summary of position:
The Thread Grinder sets up and grinds excess materials from internal and external surfaces. This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work that is expected. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Other duties may be required.
- Moves machine controls to index workpiece and adjust machine for pre-selected operational settings
Grinds according to specifications
- Computes machine indexing and settings for specified dimension and base reference points
Studies blueprints, work order, or machining instructions to determine product dimensions, tooling, and to plan operational sequence
- Observes and adjusts machine operation
- Selects grinding wheels to be used in machine operation, utilizing knowledge of machine and production requirements
- Mounts and positions wheels in machine chuck, spindle, or other tool holding device to specifications, using hand tools
- Maintains stock of machine parts and machining tools
- Repairs or replaces machine parts, using hand tools or notifies engineering personnel when corrective action is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training or 3 years of Thread Grinder experience
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Operation Monitoring — Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems
- Oral & Written Comprehension/Expression — The ability to understand and effectively respond to information and ideas presented through written or spoken words and sentences
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
- Wrist-Finger Speed — The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Sponsorship is not supported at any time during the application process and all applicants applying to an position(s) require him/her to possess a valid/legal U.S. (United States) Citizenship to be considered a potential applicant and/or candidate.
You enjoy challenges, teamwork an a quality working environment that evolves continuously? Developing your competencies is a priority for you? Join Héroux-Devtek and "lets grow together".