JELD-WEN Door Systems currently has Maintenance Mechanic openings at its Kissimmee, FL production plant. The work schedule for this role typically consists of two 12-hour shifts followed by three consecutive 8.5 hour shifts. Overtime hours required in the Maintenance Dept on an as needed basis.
Required Skill Base
- CNC experience preferred
- Familiar with basic single & three phase circuits
- Install electrical conduit and enclosures associated with them
- Use all functions on a basic multi-meter: Volts, Ohms, Amps, etc.
- Basic understanding of motor controls and PLC’s and able to troubleshoot common issues
- Read and decipher electrical schematics
- Able to troubleshoot and replace electric motors - AC&DC
- Basic understanding of variable frequency drives, position controllers, and Ethernet devices
- Welding and soldering experience
- Cut, thread, and install pipe
- Able to troubleshoot and make mechanical repairs to product transfer systems, presses, and hydraulic equipment
Power Transmission Skills
- Properly troubleshoot & replace: bearings, pulleys & belts, sprockets & chain, gearboxes, etc.
- Familiar with lubricating various machine components
- Basic understanding of preventive maintenance and machine repairs
- Able to read and respond to emails
- Familiar with MS Windows operating system
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
Knowledge, Skills and Physical Abilities
- Able to work standing, bending, squatting
- Be on their feet for at least 8 hours a day
- Lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work any shift in a 24 hour operation
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required
- Must be able to pass a felony background check and drug screen.
JELD-WEN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
JELD-WEN offers competitive pay based on skills and experience, plus BCBS medical plan options, Delta Dental options, 401K, PTO, and 8 paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Related: 5 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma