At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
We’re always looking for top performers to add value & make a difference in people’s lives.
We offer flexible work schedules and pay based on performance.
- Presents the Company’s value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques.
- Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company’s propriety tax software application.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considers the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer.
- Answering client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature, and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
- Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional client service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Hands-on marketing with surrounding businesses, including office visits to promote brand awareness and new clientele
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Experience preferably in sales, service and tax preparation
- PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) required
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills
- Basic knowledge of computer functions and math required.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment
- Field Instructor, Remote Support and Call Center certified
- 1+ years of experience preferably in sales, service and or tax preparation
- Remote Support or Call Center ready certified
- Enrolled Agent (EA) certification
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.