As the intern for store systems, you will assist with the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, and support of remotely distributed store systems in a lab environment. Use your team work skills to support the store Help Desk personnel in troubleshooting issues with store system and provide quality assurance testing on Genesco's Point of Sale software patches and upgrades.
- Setup and maintain store systems (Linux OS).
- Provide computer/network support relating to software and hardware failure.
- Maintain store systems in lab environment and continuous development of knowledge with associated application software to deliver high levels of support.
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the store systems.
- Prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
- Well-organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Self motivated with the ability to able to work independently while supporting the team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- 1-3 years general experience with Linux preferred
- Experience with installing and modifying Linux Kernels and the associated O/S
The internship for store systems is a part time position limited to 20hrs a week.