Primary Duties, Responsibilities:
- Provide general (Tier 1) support and troubleshooting assistance
- Answers, coordinates, assigns support requests in a timely manner
- Performs diagnostic tests, notes symptoms, gathers relevant problem/malfunction facts and data from users
- Serves as the technical liaison to the user community and resolves technical issues within the desktop computing environment
- Contacts Tier 2 and Tier 3 support when necessary to resolve problems and/or outages
- Creates FAQ and “How to” Documentation for the Southland user base.
- Documents steps taken to resolve issues for use within the Technical Support Group.
- Completes support request documentation within the helpdesk for all customer requests, including walk ups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Motivated – Desire to learn and seek out new information proactively
- Communication Skills – Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner. This communication will be both formal, and informal communication, with general users as well as other members of the IT Group.
- Problem Solving Skills – In-depth understanding of troubleshooting techniques
- Organized – must be well organized and able to follow and create documented procedures and processes
- Dedicated – Be on call as required
- Thorough knowledge of key desktop support best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems and services such as DNS, DHCP, AD.
Education / Experience:
- Associates degree and or 2-4 years equivalent experience in applicable field
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a Help Desk environment required.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal with mouse and keyboard for several hours per day.
- Ability to visit job construction areas and climb stairs, maneuver in and around pipe work and air ducts and work safely in close proximity to construction materials and equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Service Desk: 3 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 3 years (Preferred)
- level 1 and level 2 support: 3 years (Preferred)
- DHCP: 3 years (Preferred)
- Help Desk: 3 years (Preferred)
- Helpdesk: 3 years (Preferred)