Candidate must be willing to relocate to the Mohave Valley, Arizona area
Summary: We are looking for the following grades Kindergarten, 1st, 5th and 6th grade. The elementary teacher is responsible for educating students to be ready to successfully transition to the next educational level. This is accomplished through curriculum designed to follow Arizona State Standards, as well as incorporating Mojave Indian Language and culture components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and implements a variety of learning experiences to meet stated curriculum objectives and individual student needs.
- Knows and understands grade level curriculum content and assists when necessary in design or revision of that curriculum.
- Knowledge of the Galileo Digital Curriculum platform, with student diagnostic assessment aligned with Arizona State Standards (reading, language arts and math).
- Knows, understands and uses educational technology, as appropriate.Students:
- Provides interdisciplinary individual and group experiences for students.
- Works in direct contact with students a minimum of 27 ½ hours per week.
- Fosters in students a positive attitude toward all curriculum areas.
- Helps students become aware of how each subject area surrounds them and enhances their life.
- Creates a healthy, safe, welcoming and comfortable learning environment that supports students’ growth and development.
- Create and maintain a respectful and caring classroom climate among all students and between students and adults.
- Works with students to help them learn and monitors the progress of each student against predetermined requirements.
- Keep records pertaining to student growth and prepares student progress reports for interpretation of learning to parents and students.
- Completes on-going student assessments and presents at parent conferences.
- Will be expected to teach based on the Arizona state standards. Student achievement levels will be tested and monitored yearly through the use of standardized diagnostic tests.
- Observes students regularly makes modifications in individualized plans to ensure success for all students.
- Identifies special needs of students and seeks assistance of specialists to help meet those needs.
- Promotes and maintains appropriate behavior in classroom.
- Incorporates Mojave culture and language lessons throughout multiple subject disciplines.
- Enters student attendance daily in Student Registration System.
- Enters students’ grades and test scores into Student Registration System. Parents:
- Develops a positive relationship with parents by establishing and maintaining open communication.
- Encourages parents to volunteer.
- Conducts parent meetings and individual parent conferences with all parents two times a year.
- Participates in planning and attends parent activity nights.Other
- Maintains student educational, health and safety records in accordance with current laws, regulations and grants.
- Maintains the documentation and reporting requirements of the school.
- Direct supervisor of assistant teachers and aides.
- Maintains and improves professional competence by participating in faculty meetings, team meetings as a member and facilitator, in-service training, staff committees and other appropriate professional activities.
- Reasoning ability skill in analyzing problems, ability to exercise judgment projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations, skill in administering disciplinary rules to children, and resolving situational conflicts among students.Position Qualifications: Minimum:
- Loves young people, can whole-heartedly engage in working with and for them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and licensed teacher.
- Willingness to maintain a high level of competence, exercise discreet judgment and honor confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with and maintain positive working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Compliance with Fort Mojave Indian Tribe drug and alcohol policy.
- Compliance with federal background check.
- Must satisfy health requirements as defines by the Tribe/State/Federal program standards for care of children:
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, upon hire.
- Successfully pass a physical exam, upon hire, to meet the physical demands required in the position.
- Successfully pass a tuberculosis test, upon hire.
- Current immunization verification upon hire see attached immunization requirement (see attached immunization requirements, Caring for our Children: Health & Safety Performance Standards).Desirable:
- Project an image of service and professionalism with a positive attitude.
- Interacts easily as an integral part of the faculty and staff.
- Understanding of the relationship of the Anya itpak Elementary School with the Fort Mojave Indian community, and values and supports the mission of both.
- Experience, familiarity and the ability to work with the diverse constituencies of Anya itpak Elementary School.
- A minimum of three years successful teaching experience.
- Licensed in CPR and First Aid.
- Computer Skills and Business Equipment:
- Be able to effectively use a computer, with Microsoft Office Software, and a SmartBoard.
- Be able to operate a fax machine, printer, cutter, shape cutter, digital camera, and laminator.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervises and provides guidance and direction to teaching assistants, aides, parent volunteers, and summer youth workers. Maintains professional knowledge by attending mandatory meetings, professional development workshops, and conferences.Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, run, walk for long periods of time, sit, climb or balance, and taste and smell. The employee must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Please review occupational hazard (Caring for Our Children: National Health & Safety Performance Standards).
Anya itpak Elementary School offers: Competitive Wage/Salary; Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits; 401(k) Retirement opportunity; paid sick and personal leave, and paid federal holidays; free breakfast and lunch for all students and employees.
The Indian Preference Act will be enforced. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Teaching: 3 years (Required)
- CPR and First Aid (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance