ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are as follows and are representative of duties to be performed by this position and other duties may be assigned:
- Assists the Corporate Controller in directing the organization’s accounting functions including costs, payables and reporting.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems.
- Oversees the preparation of periodic reporting including financial statements, property tax filings, sales/use tax filings, business licenses and permits, and other reports, as required.
- Establish and maintain internal controls policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP.
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger, particularly participating in and oversight of month end close activities, preparation of general ledger schedules and account reconciliations, and resolution of discrepancies.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis of accounts.
- Coordinate or assist with the budget process.
- Ensures that all corporate and required accounting policies and procedures are documented and followed by the organization.
- Assist in training accounting staff.
- Coordinate and prepare for internal and external audits and reviews.
- Resolve escalated issues from operations and other departments in a variety of areas including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc.
- Supervise accounts payable and general accounting departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent; 10+ years of experience in functional areas of this position; or equivalent combination of education and experience, manufacturing preferred.
- 3+ years of managerial experience of general accountants
- CPA and/or public audit experience strongly preferred
- Strong MS Excel experience required (v-look ups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong analytical and research skills; self-motivated with a focus on efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English language.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above and be able to perform the Physical Requirements listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPANY SUMMARY: Jain Americas Holding, Inc. is part of Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, a $1Billion multinational Company that has large presence in the USA with multiple manufacturing and Distribution facilities in numerous states. Jain Americas is relocating their back office (Finance, Accounting, and Payroll) to the Salt Lake City area and is looking for qualified staff to be a part of this growing business. Jain Americas was founded to manufacture products that conserve natural resources. We strive for sustainability and optimal utilization of all land & water while enhancing the health and lives of people. Jain Americas team members adhere to a code of social responsibility defined by our company Mission — "Leave this world better than you found it". Our actions are based on belief that water conservation will lead to a prosperous future for all.
Jain Americas Holding, Inc. offers a competitive wage and Company Benefits Package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision, 401(k), 125(k) Plan, EAP, PTO, Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or the Company. Nothing in this job description or in any document or statement shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Accounting/Finance: 10 years (Required)