- The role of the Purchasing Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize purchasing and procurement strategies for spend across the plant organization.
- This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the plant, commodity team(s) and group constituents in order to deliver products and services according to business plan objectives.
- Manages the plant purchasing, guaranteeing the disposition of the materials and components of high quality, short delay, and low cost, so as to enhance the ability of competition.
- Purchase materials, supplies and services at the best price, quality and delivery available.
- Supervises analysts, project managers, and contractors to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and meet the required specifications.
- Develops and delivers sourcing strategies and annual savings plan for the business unit.
- Ensures implementation of supplier and other sourcing changes.
Bachelor’s degree in business or similar
- 5 or more years of buying experience in complex high volume environment.
- Experience as a supervisor in same or similar function is required.
- Professional ethics, tact and courtesy in dealing with vendors is required.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing regulations and laws.
- Strong familiarity and technical competence with purchase management software and/or automated procurement systems.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- SAP and/or PLEX experience is preferred.
- Excellent contract management skills are essential
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- General knowledge of accounting and finance, marketing, and logistics
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Supervisor: 1 year (Required)
- Buying: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance