What you'll be doing:
The Regional Director of Operations will have multiple direct reports—mostly Regional Operations Managers who have a portfolio of VPP partner hospitals—and will report directly to the VP of Operations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Regional Operations Managers (3-5 teammates) for all business functions at their portfolio of hospitals (8-12 hospitals within a portfolio) with a focus on driving operational efficiency, customer service, teammate retention, revenue growth and managing costs
- Tracking key business metrics at a hospital and coaching Regional Operations managers on how to improve business performance
- Optimizing the utilization of technology within each practice
- Implementing best practices for the region of hospitals with a focus on safety, workflow efficiency, and a high-quality customer experience
- Working collaboratively with the broader Operations team as well as the Finance, HR, Marketing, and IT teams to implement various initiatives at the hospitals
- Conducting monthly and quarterly hospital performance reviews with a clinic's medical director and Regional Operations manager to create a culture of accountability, business acumen, and customer service
- Fostering a collaborative environment where veterinarians and staff across VPP hospitals work together on projects
- Supporting the integration of the newly acquired practices into VPP
- This position will oversee our Eastern and Mid Atlantic regions and can be remotely based on the East Coast.
The right candidate will have experience with and be excited about:
What you need to be considered:
- Managing facility needs, including the physical location and equipment.
- Supporting the hospital staff, including recruiting, coaching, development, and accountability. We're looking for someone who can build high-performing teams!
- Leadership development, training, and building long-term relationships.
- Driving result for both the top and bottom line.
Who we are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an operations management role with oversight over multiple locations.
- Veterinary or animal healthcare experience a plus, not necessary. Without animal healthcare, must have experience managing multi-site locations in a retail, healthcare or restaurant management (to name a few) type environment. Single-site veterinary clinic management would be considered.
- Experience working with doctors (veterinarians or physicians) a plus.
- Must have ability to juggle multiple priorities, with a service-oriented approach to supporting multiple animal hospitals. High sense of urgency is required in this fast-paced environment.
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing territory-driven managers necessary.
- Proven ability to understand financial and operating metrics and performance based on those metrics
Veterinary Practice Partners (VPP) co-owns veterinary clinics with veterinarians, providing business and management support to help them run the business efficiently. Once a partnership is formed, VPP provides support and leadership for marketing, financial, operations and human resources functions while the veterinarian leads the clinical and client services functions. Our VPP family currently includes over 1,200 hospital staff, 56 partnered hospitals, and 50 VPP home office employees.
Why we need you:
As part of our Operations team, our Regional Director of Operations is the front line of support for the local partners, Regional Operations Managers, and team at each of our hospitals. You'll play an integral role in assisting each hospital team to grow revenues, provide excellent client experience, and deliver high standards of care.
The most successful candidates will have a solid track record of multi-unit management and experience in veterinary or human healthcare. Plus, you're an expert at wearing a lot of hats, have success in managing a variety of teams and individuals, and love dogs, cats, and the occasional exotic— if this describes you, let's chat!
What's in it for the right candidate:
What it's like to work with us:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including medical and 401(k) plan with a company match
- A fun, casual environment that values independent thought and an ownership approach to working
- Ability to make a significant impact on the growth of the company in a newly created role
Working at VPP means you'll meet Aura, who was born in Transylvania (yes, it's a real place!); Doug, a graduate of the Skip Barber Racing School; Kelly, a 3-time All-American soccer player; and the rest of our awesome and fun team.
We work in an exciting, collegial and dynamic work environment. As a rapidly expanding company, our team members can wear many 'hats' and are involved in projects and discussions that touch on multiple parts of the business. Our environment is well-suited for someone looking to gain significant responsibility and help build a company.