Smart Energy Today is one of the fastest-growing solar and roofing companies in the Country. Recently featured in FORBES.com as the Uber of solar and ranked by INC. 500 four years in a row.
SET is currently seeking a Site Survey Technician / Solar Installer to join our team in Washington.
Surveyors take accurate measurements inside and out of our customer's homes. Taking pictures of necessary electrical panels, meters, obstructions, and the general property, including accurate roof measurements while inspecting the roof condition. Engineered solar designs will be completed based on those measurements and information.
· Measure/document the following: roof dimensions, roof obstructions, the structure of the attic and electrical type/condition
· Effectively accomplish all Site Surveys on their daily schedule
· Communicate with customers and answer any questions
· Upload all documents and pictures immediately after completion through tools provided
· Adhere to all safety requirements and regulations
· Maintain a positive attitude and follow directions
· 3 years’ experience of general construction, roofing or solar is required
· Electrical experience is preferred
· Must be comfortable with heights and climbing onto roof areas for extended periods of time
· Must have good customer service skills
· Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
-Able to travel on a moment’s notice. We cover the entire State of Washington. Site surveys must be completed within 24-48/hours of a new solar sale. Being able to map out a logistical schedule that allows for the most efficient route possible to complete the most surveys per day/week is critically important.
-MUST be tech-savvy. Must have a smartphone and fully understand how to use cloud-based systems such as google drive and other software programs, with the ability to upload/download pictures and documents to our Project Managers.
Other responsibilities include: Permit drop off/pick up, Service/warranty calls and assisting crews on new installs as time allows based on the natural ebbs and flows of sales volume and new site surveys needed.
-6 paid holidays plus paid time off
-Company vehicle, laptop, and a weekly stipend
Please reply with resume and cover letter of experience and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position: Please view all the following links, you will be asked about them in the interview process.
FORBES.com – Uber of solar April 2019:
Fun video about SET and our team:
Top Solar Contractors:
Smart Energy Today on World Wide Business with Kathy Ireland:
Job Type: Full-time
- General Construction: 3 years (Required)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture